Brtaz Cake?? Where Do I Start!?

Decorating By button-moon Updated 6 Oct 2008 , 1:49pm by Shelly4481

button-moon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
button-moon Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 11:43am
post #1 of 3

hi, ive been asked for a 3d bratz cake!!
but surely the heads are too large and the bodys too skinny to be able to make a good cake from it!!! i was thinking of using a bratz doll...and putting a 'cake dress' on it. but just wondering how you guys do it? are their legs too long for a dress? do u take their legs off? can u get the legs back on if they are removed?? or if the legs are left on will the dress look in proportion??
coz some of the cakes (the dress bit) can look way to big for the doll. i also dont have a 'doll dress pan?? thing!' only a large pyrex bowl.....but something is making me think that the dress wil be to poofy and big?

any more suggestions on a 3d bratz cake??
any help will be great....im dreading it!
thanks

2 replies
burgderb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
burgderb Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 12:11pm
post #2 of 3

Wow, does it have to be 3D? I did a Bratz cake and remember looking at hundreds of pics for inspiration and don't remember any 3D. SandraSocake does a few really nice bratz cakes and the cake is shaped. you can check her pics out on flickr or go to her blog for step by step instructions.
sandra-socake.blogspot.com/
I know it really helped me.

Shelly4481 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelly4481 Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 1:49pm
post #3 of 3

If I was asked to do a bratz I would do a frozen bc transfer (fbct). There are lots of coloring pages out there for them that you could print off and you can make it the size you need.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%