Refridgerate Fondant???

Decorating By 2girliesmama Updated 7 Oct 2008 , 4:19am by mommyle

2girliesmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2girliesmama Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 6:25am
post #1 of 3

Can you refridgerate a fondant covered cake? Does color matter? I've heard bad things about condensation. If so what steps to follow?? Any opinions. What fondant is best for this MMF etc. ? I know lots of questions, but I'm self taught and know you fellow cakers have tons of experience and I figure what better place than CC to gather some wisdom icon_biggrin.gif

2 replies
kimberlina25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimberlina25 Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 3:55am
post #2 of 3

most say to not refridge mmf. do you have a filling that needs refridge? i have only done it a couple of times (when first started) and i didn't have any condensation problems, but i live in the mountains in ut so there isnt much humidity here.... so depending where you live,you might not have a problem.

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 4:19am
post #3 of 3

I LOVE fondant. Michele Foster's and MMF (although, I really only resort to MMF if I am A: in a hurry, or B: only need a little bit). I cover them in plastic wrap and put them in the fridge overnight all the time. When you take them out, take off the plastic wrap and let it come to room temp in an EMPTY room where no one will be tempted to touch it. If it "sweats" b/c of humidity, just DON"T TOUCH IT!!!! It will be fine. I've even frozen a fondant cake like that, and there was only one tiny little sweat-mark on it (in an inconspicuous place, thank goodness!).
HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%