First Bridal Show

Business By BakingJeannie Updated 7 Oct 2008 , 7:37pm by MichelleM77

BakingJeannie Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 3:24am
post #1 of 11

Finally I got the few pictures I took at my first bridal show last month. Even though our bakery is not open yet (November), the organizers suggested I should still come and get the feel. Almost turn back when I saw the other bakers cake dummies icon_sad.gif . It turned out everyone was raving how good my cakes tasted (and that you can know they were made from scratch).

Thanks to indydebi for the tips (what to take) and the links. Also to doug for the use of one of his drawings of three cakes I used in my little flyer (I will post it when I figure out how to get the scanner to work). I was told my one of the "headliners" at the show that I was the only one who did not stick just a card in their hand. I had brochures in chocolate and sea foam blue colours. Tiny wings grew on my shoulders right at that moment and I was flying. "You are going to go places because you know how to present your product", I quote.

Many thanks to all at CC for the help in your posts.
LL

10 replies
sari66 Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 3:32am
post #2 of 11

Congrats! your set looks great!
Good luck with the grand opening next month

indydebi Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 3:47am
post #3 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakingJeannie

"You are going to go places because you know how to present your product", I quote.

Marketing is the main hat we wear, so congrats on getting this part down! I couldn't see the pic (sometimes they show up later for me, so maybe layer .... ) but sounds like you did great with great reviews! Stand by and be ready for all the brides calling you! thumbs_up.gif

countrycakes Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 11:51am
post #4 of 11

Congratulations, but I can not view your pics! icon_sad.gif

MichelleM77 Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 2:46pm
post #5 of 11

Can you upload the pic into your gallery? icon_smile.gif

BakingJeannie Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 5:53pm
post #6 of 11

That's an idea, loading the pictures into the gallery. I'll do that later when I get home. Thank you so much for all your encouragement. So far I got three orders (weddings in 2009) already.

Cheers!

Jeannie

MichelleM77 Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 6:08pm
post #7 of 11

I can't wait to see the pictures! Thank you for sharing! I hope to one day do a bridal show.

mommicakes Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 11:56pm
post #8 of 11

Very nice table. I know just how you felt. I was SOOOO nervous for my first show. You did a great job. Now you know what to expect, and what you can build on for the next show. Good luck.

Donna

cylstrial Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 2:30am
post #9 of 11

It looks awesome! And it helps the rest of us so that when we get to that level, we have some idea of what to do. =o)

BakingJeannie Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 12:11pm
post #10 of 11

I can see the picture now. I went home and forgot about uploading more pictures, was too excited to update my Cake Boss Master Ingredients list (thanks to Kelley thumbs_up.gif ). I'll stick a pin (some place) to do it later.

Thanks again for all your help and comments.

MichelleM77 Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 7:37pm
post #11 of 11

Yippee! I can see it now too! Looks great. I really like the blue and white cake in the middle!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%