I Can't Get Into A Specific Thread?

Decorating By CakeMakar Updated 6 Oct 2008 , 7:54pm by nickshalfpint

CakeMakar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMakar Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 3:01am
post #1 of 12

The "I think I cracked the Sugarveil recipe" thread - I can't into it. It appears to be active and getting new posts, so it's not deleted? I have no problem getting into other threads. Everytime I click on it it says "No posts for this topic"?

11 replies
butters7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butters7 Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 3:03am
post #2 of 12

Me too! I thought it was just me.

mjballinger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjballinger Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 3:04am
post #3 of 12

I'm having the same problem!

tammy712 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laynie72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laynie72 Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 3:13am
post #5 of 12

I can see pages 1 to 4 but I want to see page 5... the info I want to read is there icon_confused.gif

KathysCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathysCC Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 3:38am
post #6 of 12

Someone may have deleted the post that made it go to five pages, so the fifth page exists but doesn't exist. You may have to wait until someone post to it again or post some yourself and see what happens.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 5:46am
post #7 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by laynie72

I can see pages 1 to 4 but I want to see page 5... the info I want to read is there icon_confused.gif

Unfortunately, that data no longer exists. icon_sad.gif

CC has experienced two crashes which affected posts and threads by (specific) dates.

Some threads were started before the crash and are missing posts entered during the affected dates. Others were started and all responses posted in the affected time period and these are gone completely. That's why you when you click on certain topic titles, you get "No posts exist for this topic" message.

It's possible to read and reply to "corrupted" threads if you start from page 1. But you've seen that you can't go directly to the last page because it no longer exists......

Here's more info:

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-579209-.html

HTH

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 5:47am
post #8 of 12

[I just posted this response in that thread, too]: You'll notice that the thread in question begins in '06 and has posts thru April '07. The first post after Apr 07 is March 29, 08 (after the CC crash). I'd bet you my entire bank account that the "missing" page five means that there were posts on it between Oct 07-Mar '08, the great CC crash, and those posts were lost in the crash. In any thread with lost posts, the last page (or more) is corrupted; the page number still shows up but the data is lost. As more people continue to post to the thread today and beyond, their posts will eventually grow the thread into a legitimate p5 and the corrupted page will get booted to p6. And so on.

Did that make any sense??

The annoying thing is if you get email notifications, the email ALWAYS boots you to the last page of a thread, which is (as we now know) corrupted. So you have to manually track down the BEGINNING of the thread and flip thru the pages to find the current posts. This was already kindly done for you by tammy712 above thumbs_up.gif.

So anyway, the info is NOT there on p5. The info was lost in the crash icon_sad.gif

nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 3:51pm
post #9 of 12

I have a question about the watched topics. Why does it only show me the first page, but nothing after that? Same thing with all my posts. Is there a way to look at those pages?

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 4:55pm
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickshalfpint

I have a question about the watched topics. Why does it only show me the first page, but nothing after that? Same thing with all my posts. Is there a way to look at those pages?

Hm, I can't figure out what you are saying??! icon_confused.gif I have 22 pages of watched topics, and I can access all of them...maybe it's a glitch?

CakeMakar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMakar Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 5:12pm
post #11 of 12
nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 7:54pm
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceshell

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickshalfpint

Hm, I can't figure out what you are saying??! icon_confused.gif I have 22 pages of watched topics, and I can access all of them...maybe it's a glitch?

It must've been a glitch because now I can see my watched topics, but I still can onlly see page one of my posts.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%