Great S'mores Cupcake Recipe!

Baking By Hollygb22 Updated 6 Oct 2008 , 7:37pm by Hollygb22

Hollygb22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hollygb22 Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 12:25am
post #1 of 6

I've been experimenting with different cupcakes lately and thought I'd share a recipe I came across that got some great reviews from those who ate them!!!

It's from Martha Stewart and has quite a few steps but was fun to make and worth it!

http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/chocolate-graham-cracker-cupcake-with-toasted-marshmallow?lnc=92f9cf380e1dd010VgnVCM1000005b09a00aRCRD&rsc=cf_link

there's a link ..if it doesn't work just search on her site for chocolate graham cracker cupcake

after making--here's a couple tips!

The recipe calls for 1 cup water.. i reduced to 3/4 cup because my batter seemed runny.

i also didn't have a torch to "toast" the tops, i put my broiler on low and toasted them in oven..just keep a very watchful eye...once they started toasting you need to get them out quick before they burn!

this recipe made way too much batter! i ran out of the grahamn cracker and chocolate pieces after 24 cupcakes..the batter easily makes 40-48.

also, the I halved the frosting recipe since i only made 24 and there was more than enough frosting.

one last one---as soon as i finished these and frosted, i tried one. The cupcake broke away from the crust a bit and i was so disappointed after all that work. However..just really let them set and they were perfect adn hour later!

5 replies
MikkelPaige Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikkelPaige Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 1:06am
post #2 of 6

Thanks for sharing! Looks DELICIOUS! I'll definitely try these.

bettinashoe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bettinashoe Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 1:15am
post #3 of 6

Those cupcakes sound and look delicious, Hollygb22. Thanks for sharing.

Confectionary2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Confectionary2 Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 2:06am
post #4 of 6

These sound like lots of fun and yummy! Thanks for all the tips. I write tips/notes on my recipes too because I hate for someone else to have to "figure it out" if it has already been done!

Kim

Meemawfish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meemawfish Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 1:12pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks Holly for the recipe and the link. Sounds wonderful. icon_biggrin.gif

Hollygb22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hollygb22 Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 7:37pm
post #6 of 6

just an update

i brought the remainder to work and people loved them! I think next time i might break a little piece of chocolate or cracker in the topping for a cute added touch!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%