Will Chocolate Jimmies Melt In The Oven..for Acorn Cookies

Baking By sweetcravings Updated 6 Oct 2008 , 2:03pm by KHalstead

sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 12:13am
post #1 of 7

I want to make some simple fall cookies for thanksgiving..most of them will be colored by using colored sugar, i know that can go in the oven BUT>>> i want to top the acorn cookies with the chocolate jimmies, should they be applied before or after baking?
Also, should i coat the cookie dough with something before spinkling on both the jimmies/sugar to make it stay better.

6 replies
psurrette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psurrette Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 12:33am
post #2 of 7

Jimmies are made of wax so yes they will melt. Even if you had real chocolate jimmies they would melt. Always do them after they come out of the oven

sweetcravings Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 1:58am
post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by psurrette

Jimmies are made of wax so yes they will melt. Even if you had real chocolate jimmies they would melt. Always do them after they come out of the oven

Thanks...i'm sooo glad i asked! That would've been a bummer if i ruined my hard work with a silly error. How best are they applied later?

cakesbyclaire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyclaire Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 2:22am
post #4 of 7

you need to apply a thin glaze or frosting so that the jimmies will stick... to make things really simple you could just mix powdered sugar and milk to make a glaze and dye it tan, paint the tops of the acorns with it and then sprinkle while the glaze is still sticky...have fun!

psurrette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psurrette Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 2:28am
post #5 of 7

you can use many differnt things to get them to stick. I like to use chocolate because it tastes goood

sweetcravings Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 1:41pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks you guys for the info. I'll post them when it 's done.

suz

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 2:03pm
post #7 of 7

jimmies are what they use in confetti cakes, you ever cut into one??? they don't look like jimmies anymore lol....do not heat those puppies!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%