My Dog Likes Fondant...lol

Decorating By PollyMaggs Updated 6 Oct 2008 , 5:13am by PollyMaggs

PollyMaggs Posted 5 Oct 2008 , 10:30pm
post #1 of 4

I spent the last 2 days making flowers, leaves, rocks, bugs and fence posts for a cake due next weekend. Happy to be finished with the detail work, I started putting away my tools and I noticed a small ball of dried gumpaste/fondant left on the table...well no big deal, I threw it to my great dane, Max....BIG MISTAKE...HE LOVED IT. An hour later I pulled out my tray of rocks to turn to dry, my hubby called to me from the other room, so I walked out of the room leaving the gate open...and you got it...In 5 seconds flat Max the great dane had eaten the whole tray of rocks. About a 1/2 lb. I should have never let him know it was food. He has never shown any interest in what I am doing when I work with fondant. Nor has he ever stolen food. He is always in his room and could care less. Well I screwed that up now...lol Now I have a 120 lb baby whining at the baby gate wanting a treat of fondant. No more letting figures dry out on my counter top or stove. They have to be put up on the cake freezer way out of reach. I guess dogs are more like kids than I thought...lol Hope this has given you a good laugh. My hubbys still hasnt stopped laughing. I'll laugh after I remake all those damn little rocks...LOL
And NO I did not kill the dog...only wanted to for a second or two.

3 replies
JenniferMI Posted 5 Oct 2008 , 11:06pm
post #2 of 4

OMG - LOL!

Jen icon_smile.gif

pechee Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 2:43am
post #3 of 4

Hey, it must be a full moon!! My great dane also discovered fondant last night. Then when I came into the house and asked him where it was, he took me to the other room to show me where he stashed it!! Then he kinda gave my a look that said, "you can have it back, yuck!" Having great danes in the house makes you wish your counters were 5 feet tall, dont they?!!!

PollyMaggs Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 5:13am
post #4 of 4

Pechee...that is too funny....Mine must have a sweet tooth. I use the Choco-pan fondant that is made with white chocolate and he ate it all. Didnt stash any...I would expect this from my DH but not the dog...LOL
I thought I was over the shananagins when all my kids got older now I have to worry about my 4 legged kids....lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%