Chocolate Chip Cookies On A Stick

Baking By Karema Updated 7 Oct 2008 , 4:26am by shadowgypsie

Karema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karema Posted 5 Oct 2008 , 10:00pm
post #1 of 7

I have to make Chocolate chip cookies on a stick and last time I made them the cookies fell off. The cookies were just too heavy to hold up on the stick. I used the lolli pop sticks last time. How do I make these with out them falling apart? Please help.

Thanks
Karema

6 replies
mija10417 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mija10417 Posted 5 Oct 2008 , 10:25pm
post #2 of 7

www.karenscookies.net has a chocolate chip cookie recipe that might work. They're made to use with a cookie cutter.

Karema Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 7:11pm
post #3 of 7

Thanks but I have to use my own recipe because that is what she has tasted already. No one else knows?

Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeydukes Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 7:48pm
post #4 of 7

Well, apparently your recipe won't work as is. Since we don't know it it's difficult to help you modify it. Offhand I'd say add more flour to make a stiffer, sturdier dough. Make sure it's chilled. Lollipop sticks wouldn't work here. You'll need popsicle sticks. They're flat and will give the cookie more to "grasp."

I agree with mija; Karen's recipe is a good option.

Karema Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 2:38am
post #5 of 7

I use a recipe similar to the Nestle tollhouse recipe. I just add more flavoring and more chocolate chips. I will try to get some popsicle sticks. Where do you get popsicle sticks from? Thanks for helping me.

Karema

Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeydukes Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 3:03am
post #6 of 7

You can get them at most craft stores. Michaels and Jo-Ann's have them here. I'm not sure you'd find them at cake supplies.

Nestles is pretty soft, if I remember correctly. (I only make them around Christmas.) Try adding a little more flour -- start with a 1/4 cup and go from there. Knead it in until it is a little stiffer and not sticky. Roll into a ball and then slide your stick in. Go about 1/4 to not quite 1/2 way; remember the dough will spread. Moosh (?) the ball just a tiny bit to make sure the dough adheres to the stick. I don't know how big you're making the cookies. Try a few to see how much weight the stick/cookie will take.

As a last resort, you could wrap the cookies in cellophane and attach them to the sticks. They wouldn't be lollipops but you could put them in a bouquet. (If that's what you're doing.)

Good luck.

shadowgypsie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shadowgypsie Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 4:26am
post #7 of 7

Have you tried using the Wilton cookie pan. By pressing the dough into the pan it might stay together better. HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%