Freezer Help

Decorating By Chefperl Updated 5 Oct 2008 , 9:14pm by bashini

Chefperl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chefperl Posted 5 Oct 2008 , 8:53pm
post #1 of 3

I am a self proclaimed freezer snot. I hate everything frozen.
That being said, I have a few orders this week and withthe Jewish holidays and the fact that we are going out of town, i have no choice but to bake and freeze.
So I started baking today. none of the cakes will be eaten until sunday. My plan is on friday to cover them and decorate.
How do i freeze them? do i wrap them in foil? saran wrap? both?
should i take them out thursday night? I am assuming they need to be defrosted first.
any help on this would be appreciated.

2 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 5 Oct 2008 , 9:07pm
post #2 of 3

For that short of time wrapping them in plastic wrap as tight as you dare should be fine. You could then slip it into a plastic bag for extra protection.

Depending on the filling you choose you could even fill & crumb ocat before fzing.
Be sure to take them out of the fzr the night before you want to work on them. They can be defrosted in the frig OR right on the counter.
I just know you are going to be pleased with how they turn out.
Oh.....& wrap them when they are just warm to the touch - don't let them dry out while cooling.

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 5 Oct 2008 , 9:14pm
post #3 of 3

Hi, I use to hate freezing, but now I love it! What I do is I wrap them really well with saran wrap and then in foil and then put it in a freezer bag.

I think thursday night would be ok. You have to defrost with the wraping on. Don't remove it until its completely defrosted.

HTH

icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%