Didn't Pay Attention While Making Smbc =(

Decorating By nickshalfpint Updated 6 Oct 2008 , 6:03am by ceshell

nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 5 Oct 2008 , 6:51pm
post #1 of 2

I grabbed the salted butter by mistake icon_cry.gif . My DS the taste tester said mmmmmmm it's like sweet butter. I didn't think anything of it untill I tasted it. EWWWWWWW. Now I have to start all over, and worse yet I wasted 3 sticks of butter and 5 eggs icon_mad.gif Next time I will make sure I grab the right butter from the fridge icon_mad.gif And you know who is to bame.........................ME,and that's what makes me more mad icon_evil.gif

1 reply
ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 6:03am
post #2 of 2

Aw rats, that's too bad. Did you throw it out or keep it "just in case"?

Because I would offer two suggestions: 1) although I always use ONLY unsalted butter, you could try a half+half recipe. Make your next batch all unsalted, and then combine the two. (OK start with just like 1/2 cup of each version to see if you like the combined version).

Or also add bittersweet chocolate (like, 70% ideally) to change up the taste. Or cream cheese, or something strong like that since extracts prob. won't do the trick. If that doesn't work perhaps it WOULD work well for you for the combined version I suggested above.

There has got to be a way to save all of those ingredients icon_smile.gif. Please tell me you didn't chuck it yet!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%