Tinkerbell The Crab...

Decorating By pottedmeatchunks Updated 6 Oct 2008 , 1:37am by chocomama

pottedmeatchunks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pottedmeatchunks Posted 5 Oct 2008 , 6:21pm
post #1 of 8

I thought someone would get a kick out of this. I had a rush job, not because the cake requester didn't give me enough advance notice but because I am a terrible procrastinator. Anyways a 9 yr old wanted a disney princess cake so I made her a disney princess themed jewelry box.

I've never cut a shape freehand from fondant before so this was a first for me...and I couldn't figure out why Tinkerbell looked completely insane. I mean she just looked like she was going to come after you with ill intent. I knew her face was goofy but that didn't explain it, she does have wings coming out of her butt...then I noticed the appendages...pixie Zoidberg?!?

Well hope you get a good laugh at my expense icon_biggrin.gif BTW those oddly placed flowers were covering up holes in the cardboard lid...so then I poked one in her hair to make them look less random??
LL

7 replies
terrig007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrig007 Posted 5 Oct 2008 , 6:36pm
post #2 of 8

She's very cute though! I'm sure the little girl loved it.

messy_chef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
messy_chef Posted 5 Oct 2008 , 6:36pm
post #3 of 8

I can't see the pic but I'm dying to know what tinkerbell the crab looks like!!!

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 5 Oct 2008 , 6:43pm
post #4 of 8

She's cute! Someone else did a Tinkerbell cake, and that Tinkerbell looked like Courtney Love. I think I see a resemblance here, too!

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 5 Oct 2008 , 9:20pm
post #5 of 8

Aww don't be so hard on yourself...she's not bad...for a deranged serial killer! LOL! icon_lol.gif

And since you brought it up...I guess I never noticed before that Tink's wings grow out of her butt... icon_razz.gif

(all this is meant in the spirit of fun, I hope I did not offend you, as no offense was intended icon_redface.gif )

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 1:26am
post #6 of 8

I have to tell you what my 4-year-old just said about your Tinkerbell:

"OOH-I don't like that. It's Tinkerbell isn't it? Well, at least the icing is smooth."

Oh man, I just had to tell you that. It cracked me up.

paulstonia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paulstonia Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 1:35am
post #7 of 8

[quote="jammjenks"Well, at least the icing is smooth."

jammjenks, that's too funny. You've already got a cake critique on your hands. And she knows what to look for too. icon_lol.gif

chocomama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chocomama Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 1:37am
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammjenks

I have to tell you what my 4-year-old just said about your Tinkerbell:

"OOH-I don't like that. It's Tinkerbell isn't it? Well, at least the icing is smooth."

Oh man, I just had to tell you that. It cracked me up.

That's hilarious!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%