Toba's French Vanilla Buttercream

Decorating By YALANTZI Updated 6 Oct 2008 , 10:20am by Homemade-Goodies

YALANTZI Posted 5 Oct 2008 , 2:42pm
post #1 of 5

Has anyone tried Toba's French vanilla buttercream? it has great flavor and does not have eggs in it.
I wonder if someone can give me their opinion on the difference between this frosting and SMBC?

Rocio

4 replies
alanahodgson Posted 5 Oct 2008 , 4:26pm
post #2 of 5

They're similar. SMBC is fluffier because of the eggs, but I like using Toba's because if I don't have a use for the yolks I hate cracking a dozen eggs and throwing half of it away. Toba's is essentially my go-to icing unless it's for a child's birthday cake. then I'll use a crusting buttercream. I also find SMBC has less air bubbles in it for some reason.

BakingJeannie Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 3:05am
post #3 of 5

I have found her icings to be great! It is also my go-to book for icings too. However, I prefer Martha Stewart's SMBC instructions much better. She use a little less butter. I usually use the liquid egg whites in the box and I get the same results as if I were using fresh eggs, cracked and separated.

Jeannie

YALANTZI Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 9:34am
post #4 of 5

Thanks for you responses.

Homemade-Goodies Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 10:20am
post #5 of 5

Hi - I've been looking for Toba's FV BC recipe, would you mind sharing? I'd like to try it as well, since I have heard many nice things about it.

Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%