Using Spring Roll Wrappers The Same Way As Wafer/rice Paper?

Decorating By ylescu Updated 7 Oct 2008 , 3:01pm by jen1977

ylescu Posted 5 Oct 2008 , 10:09am
post #1 of 4

Can't find wafer paper or rice paper anywhere in my country. Does anybody have experience using those spring roll wrappers (the kind that you soak if you're gonna eat 'em) instead? I mean, they are after all called rice paper wrappers so was thinking they might be a suitable substitute since that's the closest I could find. All inputs would be really a big help! icon_biggrin.gif

3 replies
ylescu Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 2:48pm
post #2 of 4

Just bumping myself icon_lol.gif

leah_s Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 2:49pm
post #3 of 4

I used those once. They're thicker than wafer paper and then tend to have a pattern embedded in them.

You can order wafer paper lots of places online.

jen1977 Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 3:01pm
post #4 of 4

I tried to use it once to make butterflies, and it didn't work. It was too thick, and as Leah said, has a pattern on it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%