Chocolate Wrap

Decorating By solascakes Updated 5 Oct 2008 , 3:22am by Sweet_Guys

solascakes Posted 5 Oct 2008 , 12:16am
post #1 of 6

This looks like magic,please how do i do thisw chocolate wrap, the lady wrote that she spread the chocolate on acetate.I dont know what that is or where to get it,i live in london so..........if i use baking paper would that work? plus how do i make sure the chocolate will be the same level on the paper. Thanks in advance

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1009303

5 replies
mellormom Posted 5 Oct 2008 , 12:34am
post #2 of 6

They sell sheets called Chocolate transfer sheets. You cut the sheets and poor the chocolate on the sheet. When the chocolate set up just enough to mold but not crack (dull sheen) then you wrap it around and pull the sheet off. The ones I did(see my photos) have designs on them so I'm not sure if you can get them plain or not. They sell the decorated ones at www.FancyFlours.com (they also have directions on their site with pictures)
You could use wax paper and poor the chocolate on that. It would be even if you cut it straight.
HTH
Jen...

CristinaB Posted 5 Oct 2008 , 12:39am
post #3 of 6

Acetate is just sheet plastic. It's much more sturdy than paper, but nearly as thin. You can find it at art supply, graphic arts supply, or office supply stores. Many fine art paper companies sell it in pads (with sheets of tracing paper in between each plastic sheet). I doubt baking paper would be sturdy enough with the weight of the chocolate. You could check online to see who might sell it in your area. Good luck!

Momkiksbutt Posted 5 Oct 2008 , 12:39am
post #4 of 6

I think this would also work just fine on parchment paper too.

solascakes Posted 5 Oct 2008 , 12:50am
post #5 of 6

Thank you all so much for your quick reply, there is a large arts store near me called hobbycraft, i will check there i'm very sure they will have it.God bless you all, you have been so helpful,thank you.

Sweet_Guys Posted 5 Oct 2008 , 3:22am
post #6 of 6

Solas---

If you go to our website and click on cakes, there is a chocolate cake we did with a white chocolate wrap around it in a frilly design. We put fondant on the cake. Then we measured the acetate to fit around the cake. Then we took white chocolate in a plastic bottle and just started making swirly designs on the acetate. After it dried a bit (about 3 minutes) we then picked up the acetate and wrapped it around the cake. We taped the two ends together and let it chill in the refrigerator for about 5 minutes. After taking it out of the refrigerator, we then carefully untaped the acetate and peeled it away from the cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%