Turkey Cake

Decorating By amy8 Updated 6 Oct 2008 , 2:44pm by Lawanda1

amy8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amy8 Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 11:01pm
post #1 of 5

I want to make a cake for Thanksgiving this year that looks like an actual turkey (on a platter with stuffing and what-not). I have seen some great pictures, but don't know how to proceed. Does anyone have a detailed description of how to do this or a link to this? Thanks!

4 replies
ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 11:34pm
post #2 of 5

Here is a link to the turkey cake tutorial http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-44404-turkey.html+tutorial

(It's actually on a "sticky" at the top of the How Do I? forum) Good luck, it looks like so much fun to make icon_smile.gif

Lawanda1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lawanda1 Posted 5 Oct 2008 , 11:01pm
post #3 of 5

YOU CAN ALSO GO TO WWW.GINNYS.COM....AND UNDER BAKEWARE,THEY HAVE A 3D STAND UP TURKEY CAKE PAN FOR $34.00 NOT THE SAME TYPE OF TURKEY,BUT A DIFFERENT OPTION...HTH icon_biggrin.gif

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 5 Oct 2008 , 11:25pm
post #4 of 5

i saw that cake pan at ginny's and i dont understand how i'd keep both halves together once its baked. lord knows i had a time when i tried bakin two of the 3d house pan cakes; and putting them together; i was naive and had them connected with just buttercream and some dowels for support. they didn't last up right for a half hour.

this turkey pan on ginny's looks like its two halves that when placed together leaves the split - verticle.. how would one keep this together?

Lawanda1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lawanda1 Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 2:44pm
post #5 of 5

I'VE NEVER DONE IT,BUT I WONDER IF IT WOULD WORK TO DOWEL IT ON AN ANGLE???

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%