Spackling Walls Is A Lot Like Icing A Cake

Lounge By Melan Updated 5 Oct 2008 , 5:51pm by Melan

Melan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melan Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 10:55pm
post #1 of 3

No cakes this weekend so I am taking on a few home projects that desperately need to get done. First stop -my boys' playroom! They are ages 4 and 6, wild little boys I might add. They love to do artwork -but prefer the walls instead of paper -which would be my choice. I stopped counting "artwork spots" after discovering my 6 year old's John Hancock nearly 20 times on the walls, along with various jibber-jabber messages, "MOM" written multiple times(I swear I had nothing to do with that!). The boys had decided to help me out a while back but tearing the wall border off the wall -my son was 2 at the time -he started it -thought it was a good idea! He was so proud of himself -how could I get mad? Now, 2 years later and I am finally getting in that room to really do a major over-haul. I've finished the doing all of the spackle -I seriously think I filled over 100 holes in the walls! Next step -CRUMB COAT(primer) followed by ICING the cake/walls, and I'll finish up with the BORDERS -wonder which tip I should use? I should probably just stick with a paint brush! All this work -to be destroyed in no time -just like a cake -you spend hours on a cake -it's gone in minutes! I will spend the next day or two on this room -they will trash it in 10 minutes! I'm considering putting a lock on the door.

When we are finished with that project, our bathrooms are next. Each of them need new coats of paint. Oh, and not to mention the boys' bedroom. When will it end?! I can't forget the kitchen sink that decided to spring a MAJOR leak today -add plumbing to the list I guess

Well, enough of a break for me, just thought I would take a few minutes and reflect on the start of our vacation time...

2 replies
dailey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dailey Posted 5 Oct 2008 , 1:09pm
post #2 of 3

you know, i spackled my mom and dads wall the other day and thought the *exact* same thing. i felt like i was icing a cake! we have a bonus room that needs to be finished so our kids can have a "playroom" where they can color, paint, etc...instead of doing it on the walls, couch and anywhere else they please, lol!

Melan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melan Posted 5 Oct 2008 , 5:51pm
post #3 of 3

I was just priming the walls, my son had the nerve to ask me "Mommy, can I write on the walls just ONE more time?" Needless to say, I questioned his sanity after asking me that question! I hate having a playroom to be honest with you. It just ends up being a dumping ground for all the toys. I am throwing away every toy that is broken, or that they haven't played with in a long time -in black garbage bags so they can't tell what's inside!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%