Royal Icing Flowers

Decorating By pinkpiggie78 Updated 5 Oct 2008 , 1:43pm by cherrycakes

pinkpiggie78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkpiggie78 Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 8:38pm
post #1 of 5

I just finished the Wilton 2 course where I learned to make mums, roses, primroses, daisies, violets, apple blossoms, and daffodils. Can anyone point me to other templates or another resource on how to make other flowers with royal icing?

4 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 11:02pm
post #2 of 5

You can make most of those flowers in b';cream. If you can get your hands on a Wilton Encyclopidea Vol. 3 there is a great amount of info in it.
It's out of print but available on ebay often.

Tellis12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tellis12 Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 11:09pm
post #3 of 5

Did you look to see if there are any others on Wilton's website? I think they have several more.

pinkpiggie78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkpiggie78 Posted 5 Oct 2008 , 1:22pm
post #4 of 5

You know, I looked at Wilton's site before submitting this and couldn't find anything. After reading your responses I went back and located others on the site. I guess I wasn't looking in the right place the first time... THANK YOU

cherrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cherrycakes Posted 5 Oct 2008 , 1:43pm
post #5 of 5

Sorry to hijack this thread... I would like to make a basket cake similar to the Wilton course 2 for Thanksgiving and hate asking the guests to not eat the flowers for fear of breaking teeth! If I make all the flowers out of buttercream should they be frozen before being placed on the cake?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%