Jell-O Fondant?

Baking By Mamatank5805 Updated 7 Oct 2008 , 6:46pm by Mamatank5805

Mamatank5805 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mamatank5805 Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 5:24pm
post #1 of 8

Has anyone ever tried using a fondant recipe using jello for flavor and color?

7 replies
Eisskween Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eisskween Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 5:32pm
post #2 of 8

I've done it with cake, but never with fondant. I'll have to keep an eye on this thread, you've peaked my interest.

Have a great day!
Best,
Karen

Juds2323 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Juds2323 Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 5:42pm
post #3 of 8

if you do a search on here I believe it's sophia belles jello fondant. I believe the recipe is in the recipes section too. I believe the main consideration is the color of fondant = flavor etc. i.e. strawberry jello would produce a pink fondant, lime = green etc.

HTH

Judi

TractorDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TractorDiva Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 6:03pm
post #4 of 8

I have used the raspberry flavored invisible Kool-Aid...in both buttercream and fondant...it is so funny to watch people eat something white, but taste berries!
Unfortunately I can only find the invisible in two flavors: raspberry and watermelon-kiwi...and it seems to be a seasonal thing.

seagoat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
seagoat Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 6:20pm
post #5 of 8

Maybe you have some luck finding the kool aid here

Here is a link to the Kraft website

You can search the stores near you who carry it. I found it in 4 different kool aid flavors

http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/Products/ProductInfoDisplay.aspx?SiteId=1&Product=4300092501

TractorDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TractorDiva Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 6:31pm
post #6 of 8

Sweet! Thanks!

Sweet_Guys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Guys Posted 5 Oct 2008 , 12:28pm
post #7 of 8

Well, here's a piggy-back thought to your posting. In Toba Garrett's fondant recipe, she uses 1 tbsp unflavoured gelatin to start with to bloom with cold water. Using that same principle, couldn't you replace 1 tbsp flavored gelatin to achieve a flavored result?

Mamatank5805 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mamatank5805 Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 6:46pm
post #8 of 8

Wow...thanks for all the advice...I'm going to try the recipe this week somtime...I'll update how it turned out icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%