Book Cake?!!

Decorating By Ug756 Updated 4 Oct 2008 , 10:47pm by sweetisome

Ug756 Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 5:07pm
post #1 of 3

Hi I'm planning on making a book cake for my sister's birthday but not sure how to go about it. Can someone give me any tips on how to make the books look perfect , how the writing can come out well? Please help!

2 replies
kakeladi Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 8:51pm
post #2 of 3

Wilton makes a book shaped pan.....in fact two of them.....one holds one cake mix, the other 2.

As for the writing....use y our computericon_smile.gif Print out what you want to say; turn it over (OR if you kn ow how to make the computer print backwords); cover w/plasticd wrap and pipe everything with royal icing. Let dry. This becomes a press. Once the cake is iced, dried etc, use the press then pipe over it.
I once tried doing this using b'cream which I fz - like a FBCT but it didn't work too well -- only part of the letters came off. Fixing it made it look very sloppy icon_sad.gif

sweetisome Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 10:47pm
post #3 of 3

I have used the gel transfer method Ug756 mentioned with terrific results. This way you can alter the font to anything you want and this ups the interesting factor by avoiding the simple block letters.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%