Looking To Buy 3D Pumpkin Cakepan..williams Sonoma?silicone?

Decorating By Kiddiekakes Updated 4 Oct 2008 , 6:44pm by giraffe11

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 1:29pm
post #1 of 4

I have the stand up 3D Wilton Jack o lantern cakepan but I really don't like it!! thumbsdown.gif It stands vertical and you have to skewer it to stay up icon_mad.gif .I was looking for one that the layers sit flatter and horizontal like the William Sonoma 3D Pumpkin.Does anyone have one there are willing to sell or somewhere online I can buy one...I checked ebay already!! I have 2 orders for 3D Pumpkin cakes for Halloween and I don't want to use the wilton pan as it is too unsteady!! I also tried looking for a smaller 7-8 inch silicone pan but ther are almost as much money as a aluminum pan..Any thoughts!!

TIA

Laurel thumbs_up.gif

3 replies
sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 6:23pm
post #2 of 4

USE bundt cake pans! make 2 and flip one on top of the other. Makes a perfect pumpkin shape!

http://hometown.aol.com/szcakes2/page232.html

http://hometown.aol.com/szcakes2/page83.html

yellobutterfly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yellobutterfly Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 6:38pm
post #3 of 4

beautiful job as usual, sugarshack!

giraffe11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
giraffe11 Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 6:44pm
post #4 of 4

Ooh. I love the idea of bundt pans. So ingenious,these folk on CC. icon_biggrin.gif
I have the Wilton and it works fine for me. But.....if I was gonna get another, I would definitely choose the WIlliams and Sonoma pan over a silicone. I have several of their pans for shaped cakes and they are so beautiful and heavy.....work great every time.
I have had no luck with silicone pans. Usually the stuff sticks inside them and I've actually had a few people tell me that they taste a "plasticy" taste after the fact. Hmmmm.....
Good luck. I wish I was making a Halloween cake. I just love Halloween.
Heather

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%