I'm So Sad

Lounge By Karema Updated 18 Oct 2008 , 12:03am by angelatx

Karema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karema Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 5:45am
post #1 of 7

My friend was supposed to come up and visit me in December and she called today and said she may not be able to come because her husband died last night. I didnt even know what to say. I just sat on the phone and cried. They have been married for two years and he was 37 years old. They have no children but he has a daughter. She said she doesnt even know what to tell her. I felt so sad for her. Now I dont know what to say to her. I guess I will just let her know that she can call me at anytime. I'm planning on going back home to see her maybe next weekend.

He had a seizure and ended up going to hospital and needing an MRI because they think he had a stroke. He was fighting them so they gave him a sedative and he went to sleep and they moved him to a different floor. They then told her she had to leave because visiting hours were over. She sat behind the desk and then they said that they went to give him an IV and his heart stopped. I didnt know what to say. I'm so angry and very very sad. Please pray for her.

6 replies
dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 6:11am
post #2 of 7

. . . how very sad . . . lifting your friend up in prayer . . . and praying He is very close to her at this difficult time . . .

all you can do is "be there" for her . . . and it sounds like you are a true friend . . . she is blessed to have someone like you who cares for her at this time as well . . .

pastryjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastryjen Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 6:25am
post #3 of 7

I'm so sorry to hear this...my friend went through a similar situation this past February with her dh (3icon_cool.gif of 4 yrs. He had a seizure in bed and she had to start CPR but it didn't work. They didn't have any kids.

I'm happy to say that my friend seems to be doing okay so chances are, your friend will be alright.

I hope your friend can remember to lean on you when she needs it. It's tough to know what to say but it really isn't as difficult as I thought it would be. Just listening will probably be enough.

I've said a little prayer and I know you will get through this sad situation.

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 7:53pm
post #4 of 7

Wow, he was so young to die that way. I am so sorry for your friend. It must have been such a shock.

Sugarflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarflowers Posted 8 Oct 2008 , 4:44am
post #5 of 7

How terribly sad. I will pray for you as well as your friend. I can't imagine losing my husband, especially so young.

Michele

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 8 Oct 2008 , 2:55pm
post #6 of 7

Something similar happened to my niece a few years ago. We had no idea what to say either, so that is what I said - I have no words.
Just be there for your friend as much as you can, come here to talk if you need to.
May some peace come to her spirit...

angelatx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelatx Posted 18 Oct 2008 , 12:03am
post #7 of 7

i am so sorry for your friends loss. losing your life partner is so super sad. i can't even imagine that. my husband came home hurt from work (works with oilfield equipmnt) and i am upset about that, so.... i can't even imagine. death is so permanent. may God be with her and give her strength when she feels the heaviness of the pain. luckily she has you for a friend to talk to, i think if you just listen to her is enough. don't think their is ever the right thing to say at times like this. God be with you and her. icon_sad.gificon_smile.gif peace be with you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%