Flavoring Question

Decorating By cutthecake Updated 24 Jan 2009 , 12:07am by craftyone65

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 1:04am
post #1 of 5

What do Nordic Creme, Wedding Bouquet and Creme Bouquet taste like? Do you use them in both icings and cakes? Which do you prefer, and why?
Thanks for your input.

4 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 9:28pm
post #2 of 5

Sorry can't help w/those flavors but here's a 'bump'.
Yrs ago I tried Creme Bouquet and hated it. About a yr or so ago someone told me it has changed OR someone else is make it and now tastes good.

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 11:29pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks for answering.
I must have peculiar taste buds. So far, I hate the "food coloring" taste in Red Velvet Cake, and I think SMBC tastes like eggy whipped cream. I don't know how I'll feel about those flavorings, and I'm not too anxious to try them and ruin something else.

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 5 Oct 2008 , 1:32am
post #4 of 5

Hi, I bought the Creme Bouquet a little while ago thinking I'd use it in my BC and maybe white cakes.
I've actually used it a lot less than I originally planned.

It has a very "citrusy" smell and taste and it's very potent. I used about 1/2tsp to a 2lb Powdered Sugar BC recipe along with vanilla and it really overpowered the BC. It was good I just prefer the BC without that flavor.

My sister happened to come by while I was mixing it up, she really loves the old fashioned bakery style bc's. She said it reminded her of those icings that she's been craving for since she was a kid. She loved the creme bouquet flavor, in fact I put it in a ziploc and sent it home with her. (I keep meaning to ask her if she ate it out of the bag or if she actually frosted a cake with it) icon_rolleyes.gif

I haven't tried the other 2 that you mentioned, but I did order Butavan along with the Creme Bouquet and I really like that a lot. It's like a strong vanilla/caramel flavor.....great in icings.

craftyone65 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftyone65 Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 12:07am
post #5 of 5

dkelly27 I'm so glad to hear that someone felt the same as I do about the creme bouquet. I had heard alot about it and was so excited when I was able to order it. It was so strong that I know I won't use it as much as I thought I would. Just got the Butavan in the other day but haven't baked anything with it yet. How do you think it will be in sugar cookies?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%