Please Help It's My First Time W/smbc...question

Decorating By Deb_ Updated 4 Oct 2008 , 1:50pm by sugarflour2

Deb_ Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 11:56pm
post #1 of 5

I'm just about to make my first batch of SMBC and my question is the SMBC stiff enough to use as a dam between tiers or do I need to use reg. BC? I'm making a white cake with raspberry chambord filling, and I don't want the filling to seep through. I'm icing the entire cake with the SMBC.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Deb icon_smile.gif

4 replies
PinkZiab Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 12:14am
post #2 of 5

I use swiss and italian meringue buttercreams exclusively, and I never use anything different for a dam... when I even bother to dam lol

Deb_ Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 12:15am
post #3 of 5

O.K. great, thanks for answering so quickly I'm whipping my meringue as I type, so far so good icon_smile.gif

Deb_ Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 1:11am
post #4 of 5

Just finished the's awesome I love the smooth texture and the taste.
I've torted, filled, and frosted but I don't want to decorate til tomorrow morning, so should I refrigerate the cake and extra BC or can I leave it at room temperature?

sugarflour2 Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 1:50pm
post #5 of 5

Definitely refrigerate or you'll have a melted mess on your hands. If you think it needs another coat of buttercream, you can put in the fridge for a while to harden the smbc and then re-ice it and put back in the frige until ready to decorate, or leave it as it is, refrigerate it and do another coat tomorrow and stick back in the frige before decorating.

Quote by @%username% on %date%