Decorating By SweetSyren Updated 4 Oct 2008 , 9:40pm by kakeladi

SweetSyren Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 10:09pm
post #1 of 3

Ok, I am kinda new at this and some some replies to one of my posts referencing WASC. What is this and do I need this when making a cake???????? icon_eek.gif

2 replies
janelwaters Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 10:15pm
post #2 of 3

HI! Welcome to CC - WASC is an acronym for "White Almond Sour Cream" cake. you can find a list of all the cc acronyms in the help section as well as a recipe for WASC in the recipe section.

Good luck!

kakeladi Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 9:40pm
post #3 of 3

There is my *original* WASC cake recipe for you to tryicon_smile.gif

Kakeladi's *Original* WASC recipe
designed to be made in a 4 1/2 OR 5 sq KitchenAid
1 box cake mix*
1 cup flour
1 cup granulated sugar
generous dash of salt*

1 cup water*
1 cup sour cream*
3 whole eggs
1 tablespoon flavoring*

*See notes at end

Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl. Best if you use a wire whisk.
PLace wet ingredients in KA mixer bowl. Add about 1/2 the dry ing. mix on low speed (#1) about 30 seconds until all is moistened. Add remaining dry ing and again mix on low (#1)about 30 seconds; beat on med (#5) for 2 minutes. (I have always timed the 2 minutes). Pour into prepared pan(s) and bake at 300 degrees temp -- amount of time depends on the size of the pan(s) -- until you smell it The amount of batter this recipe yields is the same as using 1 & 1/2 mixes.....perfect amount for a 9x13; OR 10" square; 12" round; two 8" rounds OR three 6" rounds. Others too but can't think of them right now.

*NOTES: I have used all different brands but prefere Betty Crocker. Any flavor cake can be used. Match the flavoring to the cake flavor - ie: lemon cake w/lemon flavoring; etc. Most of the time I use a mixture of 1 part vanilla, 1/2 part butter flavor and 1/4 part almond. A part can be any measure you want....teaspoon, tablespoon, cup, quart etc. I keep this mixture on hand for all my baking -- including my icing. If you prefere more of a citrus flavor you can replace the almond w/lemon or orange extract.
Some people has told me they use yogurt instead of sour cream.
Some have said they use juice or milk or cream instead of water (BTW: I measure the water in a Pyrex cup, filling it to the brim so it is about 1 & 1/3 C)
Most of the time I forget to add the salt.

Happy bakingicon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%