How Can I Do A Curious George Out Of Gumpaste??

Decorating By Rosie2 Updated 6 Oct 2008 , 12:29am by Rosie2

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 7:44pm
post #1 of 6

Anybody have any ideas??
My grandson's b-day is coming up and his party will be Curious George theme....as you can imagine I'm, sort of, a begginer but I'd like to try to make him a 3D cake....any advice I'd appreciate it very much.

Thank you!!

5 replies
Rosie2 Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 9:24pm
post #2 of 6

Knock, knock anybody there?

rachel-b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rachel-b Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 9:46pm
post #3 of 6

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_77181.html

I found this little guy and am begging for an excuse to make him! Photo Galleries are chalk full of great ideas. Just search under "curious george". Hope it turns out great!!!

Rosie2 Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 11:15pm
post #4 of 6

Thank you so much Rachel-b the cake is sooo cute!! She molded the Curious George herself, wow!!

rachel-b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rachel-b Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 12:50am
post #5 of 6

Your welcome! I'm just a newbie, but I love working with fondant. (haven't tried gumpaste yet). It's just like play-doh. I haven't made George, but I have made bananas. It was very easy. Would love to see your finished cake.

Rosie2 Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 12:29am
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel-b

Your welcome! I'm just a newbie, but I love working with fondant. (haven't tried gumpaste yet). It's just like play-doh. I haven't made George, but I have made bananas. It was very easy. Would love to see your finished cake.

Thank you Rachel I consider myself new too...I've been baking for a while but nothing serious and I still do it as a hobby, but I guess I'm getting more serious now..LOL icon_biggrin.gif what I meant is: I want to be able to do nicer looking cakes icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks a lot for your help...I wish some of the experts would see my message and give me some adivce icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%