How To Use A "vine" Pattern Press On The Sides Of

Decorating By grossoutqueen Updated 4 Oct 2008 , 3:53am by dragonflydreams

grossoutqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grossoutqueen Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 7:11pm
post #1 of 7

I have a wedding cake to do (my first) in 2 weeks and I want to use a vine pattern press around the sides of my tiers.
I have never done this before and I was wondering if there is a technique to it, to make sure your pattern is uniform and doesn't wind up not matching up. I DONT want to start my way around and find out that at the end, my patterns are going to cross over each other!!!

How to I do this???

Once again, thanks for you help guys!

6 replies
grossoutqueen Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 1:10am
post #2 of 7

Anyone???

I really need an idea as I only have 2 weeks left and I'm getting kinda anxious. Any info at all would be so helpful!

dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 2:13am
post #3 of 7

. . . do you have a photo of what you mean . . . I'm having trouble picturing what you are meaning . . . dunce.gif

grossoutqueen Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 3:11am
post #4 of 7

I have posted a picture...

The imprint I am talking about is the one on the far right... It is a vine.

It is about 3 inches long and maybe 1 1/2 in. at its widest point.
LL

dragonflydreams Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 3:34am
post #5 of 7

. . . okay . . . I get it now . . . you could map it out on paper before hand (if you are anal like me icon_eek.gificon_lol.gif ) . . . and at the end of the day if it is not "perfect" just remember that there is always a right and wrong side of a cake so just make sure any of your imperfections are at the back of the cake . . . personally I know I would be measuring and mapping out my design ahead of time to ensure the imperfections are as minimal as possible . . . don't forget to take into account the thickness of your icing/fondant when doing your calculations (I imagine the outside measurement of your cake pan will be close to the finished circumference of your finished cake . . . but don't take my word for it . . . you may want to do a test drive to be sure) . . . HTH

grossoutqueen Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 3:45am
post #6 of 7

Thank you so much!!! And yes, I think I am as anal as you are, which isn't always a bad thing! icon_wink.gif

Thats a good idea though. I think once I get my layers baked and filled (before icing), I will make a template the size of the cakes and "map it out". At the very least that will give me an idea of how to space them. Thanks again! I don't know what I would do without CC!

dragonflydreams Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 3:53am
post #7 of 7

. . . my pleasure . . . good luck and be sure to post photos when you're done . . . icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%