All Butter, Chocolate Buttercream

Decorating By khasbargen Updated 4 Oct 2008 , 9:49am by bakerchick

khasbargen Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 6:17pm
post #1 of 3

HELP! I'm at home trying to frost my football cake for tomorrow while my kids are sleeping, and I opened my last container of shortning, and it's green! YUCK!! So, does anyone have an egg free, very good chocolate buttercream. Or any other ideas?? I need something thick...Thanks a lot! I'll be standing by my computer until I can figure something out!!

2 replies
auntsteff Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 9:00am
post #2 of 3

Sorry I'm so late with an answer, but you can use butter instead of crisco in your recipe. For instance if it calls for 1/2 c crisco and 1/2 c butter, use 1 full c butter instead.

I was making chocolate BC on Thursday and didn't have any crisco, but I also didn't have enough butter that was room temp to make up for no crisco, so I had to go to the store....

bakerchick Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 9:49am
post #3 of 3

for a quick icing i use about 100 - 125gr ( 1/2 stick) butter. approx 500gr powdered sugar (1lb) and approx 3-4 tblspns of milk.

Adjust the milk to smooth it out. You don't need to use shortning in this one, it will firm up fine in the fridge and will crust a bit. ' it will dry a bit faster than the regular stuff but really easy to work with.

It will soften quicker out of the fridge but won't melt. so maybe keep it in till maybe about 1/2 hr before serving?

Hope that helps!

Quote by @%username% on %date%