Cook And Serve Pudding Question

Decorating By sparklynne Updated 4 Oct 2008 , 5:33pm by jennabell441

sparklynne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sparklynne Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 7:25am
post #1 of 7

I have always used the instant puddings and added them to my cake mixes and even my scratch cakes to make them very moist. I asked my dh to bring me home some instant coconut pudding and he brought me cook and serve. icon_cry.gif He tried! lol.. So my question is.. has anyone ever used the cook and serve in their cakes and if so.. how did you use it? did you use it in powdered form with the rest of your dry ingredients or did you have to make it up and incorporate it wet? Does it change the texture or density of the cake? Please help I am lost here as stupid as that sounds. icon_redface.gif TIA

6 replies
sparklynne Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 7:51pm
post #2 of 7

icon_sad.gif noone knows this one ? icon_sad.gificon_cry.gif Looks like I am making an unplanned trip to the store.

crisseyann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisseyann Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 7:55pm
post #3 of 7

I've used it (unknowingly) and it seemed to work the same as the instant. Just use it right from the box. HTH.

sparklynne Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 8:51pm
post #4 of 7

Bless your heart crisseyann!! icon_biggrin.gif Thank you for taking your time to answer my question. I really appreciate your time and help! icon_smile.gif
Here goes nothing lol icon_smile.gif

crisseyann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisseyann Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 2:18pm
post #5 of 7

My pleasure. icon_smile.gif Hope it works out well for you.

Tracy71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tracy71 Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 5:19pm
post #6 of 7

I accidentally used cook and serve pudding once and it came out perfect.

jennabell441 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennabell441 Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 5:33pm
post #7 of 7

I actually prefer cook and serve. Unfortunately there aren't as many flavors as the instant. Your cake will turn out yummy and moist.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%