I Need Your Prayers And Hugs

Lounge By Bettycrockermommy Updated 1 Jan 2009 , 3:48pm by FullHouse

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 8 Oct 2008 , 4:16am
post #31 of 56

Vicki, just waited to let you know that I just said a prayer for you and Bill. May God be with you guys.

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 8 Oct 2008 , 7:12pm
post #32 of 56

Thanks everyone! He is doing pretty well. Hopefully, he will be able to go home tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed. I will update you all more later. AT work right now, and gotta run.

Vicki

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 9 Oct 2008 , 10:49am
post #33 of 56

Hi Vicki, glad to know Bill is doing well, and hope he gets to go home soon. Getting him home will help a lot, it is always such a struggle to keep everything going with someone in the hospital!

Hope you can see your way to go to the class as you planned. Janice

Bettycrockermommy Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 2:19am
post #34 of 56

An update! I got Bill home today and he looks really good. Now the fun begins. I am starting to realize how much salt is in the every foods that we eat. This is going to mean BIG changes for this family. He is on a low sodium, low cholestrol diet. If anyone has any good recipes to pass along, I would really appreciate it.

The other news is that I am not going to make it to Lorraine's class in Texas next week. I talked with him, and we decided that I really need to be here with him right now.

Gotta run and make dinner now. Talk to you all soon!

Vicki

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 12:56pm
post #35 of 56

Vicki I am SO happy to hear he's back home and looking good!!!

Ohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ohara Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 2:12pm
post #36 of 56

What great news. I'm sorry about your class, but it sounds like you made the right choice for both of you. I will try to post a recipe soon.

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 2:29pm
post #37 of 56

Well that is awesome that he's home! I, too, am sorry about your class with Lorraine, but I bet she'll be back! I wish I had some recipes for you too. Best wishes for the two of you!

Bettycrockermommy Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 1:01am
post #38 of 56

I have been terrible at updating this. It has really been a very long month. On October 29th, Bill had a second heart attack. He is doing okay, and came home from the hospital on Nov. 3rd. The doctors said that one of his bypasses has blocked 95% in 4 weeks. The blockage is at the point of the attachment to the original blocked artery. So they tell us that there is nothing that they can do about it. The best thing to do is to just let it close up completely. When it does finally close, the doctors believe that it will cause a third heart attack. They also said that he has additional blockage in two separate arteries.

And now, for the really scary news . . . His heart surgeon believes that at the current rate of blockage, his arteries will be unsuitable for another bypass when he needs it, and that Bill could end up on the heart transplant list within 2 years.

I am so exhausted that I don't even think striaght have the time any more. I have completely lost my motivation to work on anything cake related at all. I simply want to spend time with my husband and I don't really even like letting him out of my sight. He is currently hanging out with his friends in Tucson, without me, for the first time in more than a month. I am scared that when he is out, the next heart attack will strike, and I won't be there. I hate that feeling, and I just don't know what to do about it. I know that I have to let him continue to live his life, and he doesn't need me sitting here worrying that he isn't going to make it home again.

Anyway, Thanks for letting me vent.

Vicki

Ohara Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 1:10am
post #39 of 56

Oh Vicki! I am so sorry!! You put so many things into perspective for me with your post. Nothing is more important than those we love. You can vent, rant, cry, gripe, rage....what ever you need. I wish there were more I could do for you than just listen. I will pray for you and Bill. ((((HUGS)))))

Luby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Luby Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 2:31am
post #40 of 56

I missed this post in the beginning, but I just wanted to tell you that your DH is in my thoughts and prayers. I can't even imagine how hard this is on you, too.

{{{{HUGS}}}}

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 3:43am
post #41 of 56

You are going through such a difficult time right now. I hope things will improve. I'll be praying for you and your DH.

Bettycrockermommy Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 3:48am
post #42 of 56

Isn't it amazing how quickly your priorities can change so quickly? I honestly never thought the day would come when I didn't even think about cake all day. And now, I find myself just praying that each day will be a good day for him. I wonder when I will be able to be angry with him again for even five minutes without immediately feeling guilty about it! icon_lol.gif I have realized just how much I took the simple things for granted, and I just don't have that luxury any more. I am afraid every day that I am going to lose him, and I just haven't had nearly enough time with him. We have only been married for a little more than 4 years. I wanted a lifetime with him, and now, I'm afraid that we won't even make it to 5!

If I have learned one thing from this entire experience, it's that you have to live in the moment. I know it sounds like a line, but it really is true. Be sure to tell your lfamily and
friends that you love them every day.

I sound like a Hallmark card now! icon_lol.gif Time for sleep!

BTW, Happy belated birthday Ohara!!

Ohara Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 11:49am
post #43 of 56

Thank you Vicki.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 12:30pm
post #44 of 56

I just stumbled onto this post. I am very sorry to hear of his heart problems.
I know what you mean about not being able to consider cake things lately........it certainly is understandable.
May God bless you and your DH. Jesus is The Healer and if you believe in Him and trust Him He can and will do mighty things in your livesicon_smile.gif

Meemawfish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meemawfish Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 1:31pm
post #45 of 56

So sorry to hear about the second heart attack. The doctors are not always right and only the good lord has the final say. Here's hoping and praying you have many years together. icon_biggrin.gif

Ruby2uesday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruby2uesday Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 4:25am
post #46 of 56

I to just found this post. i'm so sorry to hear about his heart conditions!!! i hope things slow down. I'll keep you all in my thoughts!!!!
ruby

Bettycrockermommy Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 1:35am
post #47 of 56

You all are so sweet!! I will try to keep you updated. He had a good weekend, and was able to go out tonight with some friends. I am hoping that he continues to do well. Thanks for your continued thoughts and prayers.

Vicki

kandu001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kandu001 Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 2:45am
post #48 of 56

I also just found this post. I'm glad to hear/read that your hubby is doing better! I will still send you hugs and prayers for a continued great recovery!

Ohara Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 3:04am
post #49 of 56

Vicki....just want you to know that I am thinking about you both. Praying that he continues to do well! (((HUGS)))

Bettycrockermommy Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 11:09pm
post #50 of 56

Thanks Ohara! He seems to be doing pretty well. Some days are better than others, but that is to be expected. He is still very tired, and is frustrated that he can't do things that he wants to do. I am encouraged, though. I am hoping that he will have a good weekend. He hasn't been home for 2 weekends in a row since before the first heart attack at the beginning of October.

Thanks for all the continued thoughts and prayers!

Vicki

Bettycrockermommy Posted 21 Dec 2008 , 2:34am
post #51 of 56

I realized that I haven't updated this in quite sometime. Here is an update and review of the past 11 weeks.
It has been a long road with Bill. To date, Bill has had three heart attacks and been hospitalized 8 times in 11 weeks. The first attack was on 10/2, the second on 10/29, and the third on 11/28. He also had two stents put in on 11/19. Each heart attack has been less severe than the last, but they have taken their toll on him. He has begun paperwork to medically retire. The doctors believe that the stress at work would be too much for him to handle at this point.

The doctors have also told us that there is no further procedures that they can do for him at this point. He has very profuse coronary artery disease that is in the small arteries throughout his heart. They believe that eventually and in as little as two years, Bill is going to need a heart transplant.

It has been a lot to deal with, but we are dealing with it day to day. He absolutely HATES being at home during the day. He is playing Mr. Mom, and it has been hard on him to slow down so much. He often feels like he isn't doing enough to help, and will try to do more of the housework, and he ends up wearing himself out.

But, overall, he is doing well. He has good days and bad days. Thankfully, there have been more good than bad lately. We take advantage of the good days, and try to get him out of the house as much as possible on those days.

We are praying for a good and healthy Christmas and that he will be able to stay out of the hospital during the holidays.

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 3:30am
post #52 of 56

Oh my gosh Vicki. I was hoping things got better for you, not worse. This has to be hard on your family even just mentally. That's a lot of stress your under. However, there is always a bright side. Your husband is still here to live another day and that's wonderful.
Merry Christmas to you and your family.

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 6:51pm
post #53 of 56

I've just read this. I'm so sorry you are all going through this. Sending you many positive thoughts this Christmas time.

(My husband is also Bill and the same age as your Bill.)

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 12:46am
post #54 of 56

I just came across this post. I'm so sorry for what you are going through. It really puts life with loved ones into perspective. You and your husband will be in my prayers.

Bettycrockermommy Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 2:22am
post #55 of 56

Hi everyone!! I wanted to give you a quick update on Bill. He made it through Christmas at home, although it was a rough week. He began a new medicine the Monday before Christmas, and it did not react well with an antibiotic that he was taking. He struggled a lot that week with angina attacks, and ended up back in the hospital the Saturday after Christmas. It was just another angina attack, and he came home on Monday. He is doing well this week, and is very grateful to be home with me for New Year's Eve. It is going to be a nice night, just Bill and I.

I want to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for all the outpouring of thoughts and prayers from everyone here. It is priceless and means more to us than I can express in this little message. It has keep us going during this rough and turbulent time in our lives. It is literally bringing him to tears just as I sit here and type this.

I love you all and I hope that you have a wonderful and joyous New Year!!

Vicki
LL

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 3:48pm
post #56 of 56

That is a great picture. Thank you for the update, I've been thinking of you and keeping you guys in my prayers. I'm glad to hear that although Bill had a rough week, you were able to spend Christmas and New Year's at home together. I wish Bill all the best in improving health and happiness to you both in 2009. God Bless.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%