Fruit Sleeves

Decorating By ccarroca Updated 10 Aug 2010 , 8:05pm by Saluna

ccarroca Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 4:32am
post #1 of 18

Do you all really like the fruit sleeves?? Maybe its the brand I got. It is called red raspberry and I think it is used for pastries and danishes. It has a lot of "stuff" in it. I was going to use fresh, but I really wanted to leave it out for a day or two. I am also using sugarshacks bc mixed with either lemon oil or lemon curd if I have to refrig.

My question is do you all like the taste - haven't opened it yet and ..

Is yours thick. I'm nervous that even if I dam it it is still to runny.

Thoughts???

17 replies
Tona Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 11:31am
post #2 of 18

I do use the fruit sleeves they are great not runny. I have had no issue with them and my customers like the taste

indydebi Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 11:40am
post #3 of 18

best thing since pepperoni on pizza!

frogcooke Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 4:14pm
post #4 of 18

I know this is an old post but it was one of the top results when i googled "fruit sleeves"

what exactly are fruit sleeves? is it just that canned fruit pie/pastry filling stuff?

I wanted to make some cake balls and want to do a chocolate raspberry filling. but I have some homemade raspberry jam i was thinking of using. Obviously guessing it should be refridgerated. Using a fruit sleeve would i be able to not need refridgeration? just curious.

JulieMN Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 11:32pm
post #5 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by frogcooke

I know this is an old post but it was one of the top results when i googled "fruit sleeves"

what exactly are fruit sleeves? is it just that canned fruit pie/pastry filling stuff?

I wanted to make some cake balls and want to do a chocolate raspberry filling. but I have some homemade raspberry jam i was thinking of using. Obviously guessing it should be refridgerated. Using a fruit sleeve would i be able to not need refridgeration? just curious.




Sleeved fillings do not need refrigeration.

tonedna Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 11:44pm
post #6 of 18

They are good to work with them!
Edna icon_smile.gif

frogcooke Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 1:03am
post #7 of 18

well what exactly are they? LOL and where would i find them???

Cindy619 Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 1:16am
post #8 of 18

They are plastic sleeves of various flavored fillings. They are great in cakes along with a variety of other baked goods and they don't have to be refrigerated.

Here's a pic of one that I found online:
LL

frogcooke Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 1:41am
post #9 of 18

hmmm I dont think I've ever seen those before.

indydebi Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 1:47am
post #10 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by frogcooke

hmmm I dont think I've ever seen those before.


Try here:
http://www.countrykitchensa.com/catalog/searchresults.aspx?Description=filling

(if the sleeve fillings dont' come up ... happens sometimes .... type in "filling" in the search box to the left).

frogcooke Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 1:49am
post #11 of 18

Oh theres all sorts of flavors! Might have to get some and try them out.

ETA: oh gosh, I'll be poking around the site for a bit. heh.

JulieMN Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 3:18am
post #12 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by frogcooke

Oh theres all sorts of flavors! Might have to get some and try them out.

ETA: oh gosh, I'll be poking around the site for a bit. heh.




yep....lots to see there. Have a great time!

tanstaafl Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 2:11pm
post #13 of 18

How do you store the leftover filling, and how long is it good for? I don't make that many cakes, and I wouldn't want it to go to waste.

emrldsky Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 2:17pm
post #14 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanstaafl

How do you store the leftover filling, and how long is it good for? I don't make that many cakes, and I wouldn't want it to go to waste.




I put my leftovers in a snap-n-seal container, put it in the fridge and it lasts pretty much forever. I go through enough of it that it doesn't sit in my fridge for more than a few weeks. icon_smile.gif

online_annie Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 2:18pm
post #15 of 18

I used the fruit sleeves all the time! Customers love it! Once opened they can last 3-6 months in the refrigerator. Each sleeve contains approx. 3 cups. A great way to use up some of the leftovers is to fill some cupcakes! These have become a big hit with my clients. HTH

Saluna Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 6:07pm
post #16 of 18

I just got mine yesterday but there is no info on the box... does it need to be put in the fridge before use?

emrldsky Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 6:09pm
post #17 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by saluna

I just got mine yesterday but there is no info on the box... does it need to be put in the fridge before use?




Nope! Assuming it's the same sleeved filling at pictured on page one, you only really need to refrigerate after it's been opened. Just dump the excess into a container and pop in the fridge. icon_smile.gif

HTH!

Saluna Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 8:05pm
post #18 of 18

Thank you very much!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%