Adult Comic Book Character Cake?!

Decorating By cakearoni Updated 7 Oct 2008 , 4:56pm by KBrennan805

cakearoni Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 12:46am
post #1 of 3

Hey all,
I just got a call for a milestone birthday for the creator of a comic book. His work is adult in theme (not sex but violent) very testosterone, warlike. ok, deep breath.

his wife would like his cake based on his character 'steam soldier'. we are not looking to do an image on a sheet cake...something more...something.

I just dont know what! Take a look at this and see what you would do?!

Oh, and its for next friday so there isnt a huge amount of time and needs to feed 40-45 ppl

2 replies
pipercakes Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 7:54pm
post #2 of 3

Man, that is a challenge. I LOVE this cake from a CC member, which seems kind of fitting here. It is a sheet cake, but it really jumps at you! Maybe you could do something similar with airbrush, a little bit of 3D and a large sheet cake to easily feed a large number of people.

KBrennan805 Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 4:56pm
post #3 of 3

OK, a few ideas....

1 - You could make a cake that is sculpted to look like an open comic book or a pile of comic books. Then, you can paint or draw a part of one of the steam roller comica strips on the 2 pages. Or you could make a pile of comic books & do an awesome Steam roller cover (maybe the same from one of the real comic books or even the same picture as the steam roller's very first issue).

2 - Maybe instead of looking at the entire picture, just use a bit of it...
Maybe you can do just the head? Make a really tall cake & carve his head from it. It might not be too difficult because the head is really round. And then just use fondant to make the different color layers & stuff on his helmet.

3 - You could do a sheet cake and just make one area 3D. You could make the picture on the sheet cake, but have the gun popping out of the cake.

I hope this helps! Good luck & please send a picture!

Quote by @%username% on %date%