Egg Free Cake Using Cake Mix?

Decorating By Limpy Updated 4 Oct 2008 , 9:09pm by auntiem26

Limpy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Limpy Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 11:55pm
post #1 of 7

Is it possible to make an egg free cake using a boxed cake mix & if so does anyone have a recipe?

6 replies
ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 6:17am
post #2 of 7

Do you have an egg substitute to use, or are you just trying to find out if you can doctor the mix to allow it to be baked without eggs?

misharohit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misharohit Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 6:47am
post #3 of 7

i Would like to know that too....???

Limpy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Limpy Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 10:10am
post #4 of 7

I will have to ask, as the customer just said she wanted a cake made without eggs.

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 10:31am
post #5 of 7

My last customer asked if I could do an eggless cake. I tried three unsuccessful atempts at scratch. She settled for a regular cake.

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 11:08pm
post #6 of 7

OK I don't have a definitive answer for you, but go to Search and type in "Eggless" - I just found a ton of threads with suggestions about baking eggless cakes, including information about using the egg substitute Ener-G Egg Replacer, and other tips of things that eggs have been successfully replaced with by an assortment of bakers here at CC.

Note of course that any posts that you come across that have replies dating Oct 07-Mar 08 will come up "no posts exists" when you click them due to the CC database crash earlier this year, but I just found at least 6 threads on the first page of the search results. Good luck thumbs_up.gif

auntiem26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntiem26 Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 9:09pm
post #7 of 7

You can use tofu instead of eggs. It's a great substitute, and makes cake light and fluffy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%