Does Smbc Work For Fbct?

Decorating By jbc Updated 3 Oct 2008 , 7:02pm by cupcakemkr

jbc Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 10:27pm
post #1 of 8

Wow what a lot of coded talk. icon_biggrin.gif I have always used regular buttercream for frozen buttercream transfers. I have a cake this weekend and wanted to try the swiss meringue buttercream for the first time and was wondering if you can use Swiss Meringue for FBCT. If so is it any different than using regular buttercream, any special techniques needed? Thank you all in advance!

7 replies
jbc Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 2:54pm
post #2 of 8

PinkZiab Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 2:56pm
post #3 of 8

I don't do FBCT, so I can't say how it'll come out in the end, but one issue I can tell you is meringue-based buttercreams don't take regular color as easily as the PS type, so you may want to look into oil-based colors if you try it.

jbc Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 6:05pm
post #4 of 8

Thanks! That is good to know. I have never tried any other type of buttercream so any information on the meringue buttercreams is good. Maybe I will have to just stick with "american" buttercream for now since I am not in the mood to do 2 types of frosting on this cake.

cupcakemkr Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 6:36pm
post #5 of 8

how abot using a chocolate transfer instead? They always look so crisp and clean.

jbc Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 6:54pm
post #6 of 8

that could work but I have never done one of those before. Could you give me some instructions please? Thank you

jbc Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 6:55pm
post #7 of 8

for the idea. Sorry I have some extra help from my kids.

cupcakemkr Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 7:02pm
post #8 of 8

CT's work the same way as FBCT but they dry hard and can stand up on their own. Here is a great blog I found that has many links on how to do them, Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%