Consistancy Of Rice Cereal Treats For Decorating?

Decorating By cakecastle Updated 3 Oct 2008 , 1:23am by cakecastle

cakecastle Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 10:09pm
post #1 of 7

Do you just make the recipe according to the directions on the cereal box or is there another recipe that is "stiffer" to use for decorating. Thank you! icon_biggrin.gif

6 replies
sillywabbitz Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 10:38pm
post #2 of 7

there are a number of threads on using RKT so if you do search you'll get some really good info. Honestly because I hate the cleanup, I used pre-made ones. they're a little stiffer than homemade and if you want to soften them up you can pop them in the microwave for a few seconds, but I just needed them a little as is and they worked great.

Shannie13 Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 12:17am
post #3 of 7

If you are looking to using them to sculpt or mold something don't use the butter/margarine it calls for in the recipe. It makes the RKT too soft to harden.
Hope it helps

cakecastle Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 12:32am
post #4 of 7

Thank you! icon_biggrin.gif

Yes, I'm looking to mold a shape and then cover with MMF. So just leave out the butter and follow the rest of the recipe, correct?

mariela_ms Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 12:50am
post #5 of 7

I think you still need to use the butter, just not as much. I saw it on another thread. I'm using for the first time this weekend to make the pineapple house of sponge bob out of RKT. Wish me luck!

Molly2 Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 12:54am
post #6 of 7

I have used RKT many times and I use the org. recipe after I make them I put them in a large baggy and if I want them stiffer I just reheat them in the plastic baggy and they get stiffer for molding I find them easy to work with after they are cooled when using the org. recipe

cakecastle Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 1:23am
post #7 of 7

Good luck mariela_ms!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%