Freezing Cheesecakes

Decorating By mcdonald Updated 6 Oct 2008 , 12:47am by Sweet_Guys

mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 9:48pm
post #1 of 11

I was going to make some cheesecakes so that I can cut in squares and dip in chocolate for treats. My question is ... can you freeze cheesecake ahead of time?? Looks like my Halloween orders are filling up and this sure would be a time saver. I know you can buy frozen cheesecakes at Sams.... any reason why I couldn't do the same thing?? I am wanting to make Hazelnut, white chocolate and pumpkin cheesecake squares dipped in milk chocolate on a stick.....

10 replies
mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 10:20pm
post #2 of 11

bump bumpidy bump.....

JSuzieQ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JSuzieQ Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 2:14pm
post #3 of 11

I will only say that you can freeze them if you send me some! icon_biggrin.gif Those sound so YUMMY! I am a sucker for cheesecake.

So, to answer your question... I have never personally frozen cheesecake, but I would pretty well bet that as long as it is wrapped properly to keep out ice crystals/condensation you should be fine. Those actually sound like a really good idea-- mind if I borrow it?!

Do you make the traditional round cheesecake, thickness and all? I thought maybe I could make it in my large rectangular pan and not make them quite as thick. Also, I don't know what you use for your crust, but when I make my pumpkin white-chocolate cheesecake I use ginger snaps for the crust and it is amazingly good! My mouth is watering thinking about it.

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 2:24pm
post #4 of 11

One of my favorite ways to make cheesecake pops is to bake a crustless cheesecake. I then use a small scoop to scoop out balls of the cheesecake, insert the stick and freeze. Then I dip them or roll them into whatever toppings I like (like crumbled graham cracker "crust" for example).

But, you can definitely make your cheesecakes ahead and freeze, then cut. Use a hot knife and you can cut them very easily while frozen.

Boofycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Boofycakes Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 2:34pm
post #5 of 11

I work at a bakery, and after Easter my boss put his 10" New York Style Cheesecakes with fresh berries on sale for $15!!!! so I bought one and froze it for a MONTH for my brother's birthday. it was in a white bakery box, and all i did was just stick it in the freezer. and it was just fine! the fruit looked a little shriveled, but everything tasted great! HTH

mlynnb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mlynnb Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 2:56pm
post #6 of 11

PinkZiab said:

Quote:
Quote:

One of my favorite ways to make cheesecake pops is to bake a crustless cheesecake. I then use a small scoop to scoop out balls of the cheesecake, insert the stick and freeze. Then I dip them or roll them into whatever toppings I like (like crumbled graham cracker "crust" for example).

I know this might be a silly question, but how do you make a crustless cheesecake? I would really like to try this cheesecake-on-a-stick thing out! icon_lol.gif

PinkZiab Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 3:00pm
post #7 of 11

you just bake a cheesecake, sans crust. No different than any other cheesecake lol.

mlynnb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mlynnb Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 3:08pm
post #8 of 11

So, you don't have to do anything special to keep it from sticking? It almost seems too easy! But, then again, easy is good..... icon_biggrin.gif

PinkZiab Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 3:11pm
post #9 of 11

Well even when I make a normal cheesecake (with the crust) I grease & flour my pans, and line the bottom with a parchment circle, because I bake them in standard cake pans (always in a water bath!).

moxey2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moxey2000 Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 3:13pm
post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkZiab

Oh Wow icon_eek.gif ! I have got to try this thumbs_up.gif !! Death by cheesecake...but what a way to go!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Sweet_Guys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Guys Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 12:47am
post #11 of 11

There are SO many interesting combinations of cheesecake. Adding liqueurs, candies. Using cookies for crusts. We have made SO many varieties for a bistro in downtown Orlando. With the fall season approaching, break out the pumpkin!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%