Fondant Pearls

Decorating By Shannie13 Updated 3 Oct 2008 , 12:14am by Shannie13

Shannie13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shannie13 Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 8:05pm
post #1 of 5

Hi Everyone,
I am kinda looking for some advice on my daughter's cake. I had it all planned out until my husband decided to change the theme of the party, now it is a halloween party. Well my question is I have to make fondant pearls for her pillow cake and I am just not sure how to make them sparkle/shine. I have read here that people make them and roll them around in a tupperware type container, besides being easy to do is that the best way to do it? How much dust should I put in with the pearls (tbsp, tsp?). Also, what would be the best way to store them as I would like to do some of the accents in advance so I am not killing my self the day before the party.

Thanks for all your help
Shannie

4 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 8:44pm
post #2 of 5

It takes very little dust do cover pearls. Just put a teaspoon to Tablespoon into a samll container w/a tight lid and shake them around. The amount used will depend on how many pearls you will be dusting.

Shannie13 Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 9:34pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks so much Kakeladi! I am really excited about this cake and just want to make it extra special!

hammer1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hammer1 Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 10:57pm
post #4 of 5

we make hundreds at a time so we always have them on hand. just keep adding to your container and sprinkle in a little additional super pearl dust as you add more to the container.

Shannie13 Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 12:14am
post #5 of 5

How do you store them? I want to make them about a week ahead, I was thinking sealed tupperware container in the cupboard...how does that sound?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%