I Have 2 Questions :)

Decorating By turtlemom_9500 Updated 2 Oct 2008 , 8:19pm by turtlemom_9500

turtlemom_9500 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
turtlemom_9500 Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 8:05pm
post #1 of 6

Is there a icing color in sage green? What colors can I mix for it?
And how do you make a cupcake cake??

TIA

5 replies
cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 8:13pm
post #2 of 6

For sage I would start with a tan color and add a little bit of moss green - there are many threads for cupcake cakes around here somewhere - you'll need to do a search, I stink at them.

here is one tutorial I found : http://community.webshots.com/album/105830324epGFhn

Good luck!

sambugjoebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sambugjoebear Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 8:16pm
post #3 of 6

That's 3 questions Turtlemom icon_wink.gif

As for sage, I just use my Wilton Juniper icing color. It doesn't show up as dark as what the label says. I used it for my brother's wedding, which sage was one of the colors, and it worked perfectly. Just remember to start out with a little color at a time until you get the desired color. icon_smile.gif

As for cupcake cakes, you can do it two ways: 1) Bake individual cupcakes then place in a design of your choosing. Ice the top of all and fill in the cracks with icing so the top is uniform-design as desired. OR 2) Place cupcake liners in desired shaped pan (square, oval, round, etc) then fill liners with batter and bake. When the cupcakes bake up they will all be connected so it makes it easier to ice the top (no filling in the cracks). Design as desired.

Have fun and happy baking! icon_smile.gif

sambugjoebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sambugjoebear Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 8:16pm
post #4 of 6

Duplicate post icon_redface.gificon_rolleyes.gif

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 8:16pm
post #5 of 6

Not sure about the color.
Cupcake cakes are simply cc's pushed together on a board to form a shape as wanted. Then you use a quick icer (that extra large icing tip) to pipe lines of icing over the top of them. Smooth w/spatula and decorate as wanted.

turtlemom_9500 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
turtlemom_9500 Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 8:19pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%