Off Topic A Bit...michaels, Coupons

Business By tarheel Updated 2 Oct 2008 , 8:30pm by katefrosting

tarheel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheel Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 7:34pm
post #1 of 7

Has your Michaels stopped doing the "honor the paper coupon" without having to have the coupon? I went in today and they told me they had stopped the coupon log....I'm upset!

6 replies
darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 7:45pm
post #2 of 7

My local Michaels has stopped that practice. They also have stopped letting me use two or more of the same % off, i.e., a 40% off Joanne's and a 40% Michaels. They said they would take both, if they were different %'s. I was mad because they always have taken them in the past and there were not signs up about the change.
Michaels has made ALOT of changes that I"m not thrilled with.

Curtsmin24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Curtsmin24 Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 7:54pm
post #3 of 7

yeah they are changing there policy on coupons. Personally I think it's because of the economy. They have to keep making money and with so many people trying to save money by making there own arts and crafts they are actually losing money. I know a lot of people that are deciding to make there own stuff now instead of purchasing it palready made. That's just my opinion though.

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 7:54pm
post #4 of 7

I used to go in Michaels and use several coupons (each clerk could only take 2) . I have used up to 6 coupons at a time. I just had to go to 3 different clerks. Now the coupons specify only 1 can be used per visit.

sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 7:56pm
post #5 of 7

Yup..our michaels no longer allows you to sign a paper to get the coupon..You must either have the flyer coupon or apply to be on their email listing. I was very unhappy about this too.

ChristieFinkle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChristieFinkle Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 8:10pm
post #6 of 7

I always used to sign the paper because my neighborhood doesn't get the coupon! When they told me they weren't going to allow that anymore, I said fine, but how do I get the coupon? I ended up calling our local paper and they told me they don't distribute it in my neighborhood, so I called Michaels Head Office in Texas and they told me that my neighborhood in the past has never used the coupons so they direct their marketing elsewhere ( they know this because of when they ask for your postal code!) Yeah, very nice and then the man told me to basically get lost! I have limited my shopping to Michaels ever since! However, I did just learn of a website that you can print it and its www.flyerland.ca

katefrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katefrosting Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 8:30pm
post #7 of 7

At the Michael's I go to, it's no coupon no discount. They have a very small selection of Wilton cake decorating stuff--despite living in the second largest city the country. I was very disappointed a few weeks ago when they had a 50% off coupon and I went to buy the new cupcake book and they said no coupons on the books! Must be something new because I got Crazy About Cupcakes a few months back.
I only buy from them with a coupon. Most of the time I can't find anything I need. I wind up giving the coupon to someone in line.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%