Cake Topper,flowers Or Both???

Decorating By ranbel Updated 2 Oct 2008 , 9:09pm by ranbel

ranbel Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 7:24pm
post #1 of 4

Ok, I have a small wedding cake due the end of the month and the mother of the bride is surprising her Daughter with a wedding cake. Small wedding in home, nothing real big. The mother is in charge of desserts and wants a cake.

She has also requested a harley davidson cake topper with the bride and groom. I seached online and those thing are expensive. The mother doesn't want to spend that much. So, I told her I would come up with something for her. I found a harley davidson bike at the HD store for like $5.00. I also just picked up a bride and groom for the same price.

My question is: I plan to do a 12/9 stacked and 6 on pillars. I am putting flowers on top of the nine inch and thought about incorporating the motorcycle there and flowers on top with the bride and groom. (all silk flowers of course). Don't know if I will have enought room on the top tier for both the motorcycle and bride/groom. The motorcycle is approx 4inchs long for tire to tire.

Do you think it will look ok seperating the 2 toppers or not???? icon_rolleyes.gif

3 replies
bisbqueenb Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 8:53pm
post #2 of 4

I think it would be fine as long as you incorporate some of the same elements [ like the flowers ] in both the top and center. You may want the top to be the main focal point and have the cycle less prominently displayed.

jammjenks Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 9:08pm
post #3 of 4

I think it would look great to have the motorcycle and flowers on the 9" and just flowers on the 6". I'd leave the bride/groom off. JMO

ranbel Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 9:09pm
post #4 of 4

Thats exactly what I was thinking. To me, Flowers look much better on the top tier than a topper. But, to each his on.

Thanks for your input...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%