Question For Those With Exp. Using Sharons Sugar Shack Bc

Decorating By grossoutqueen Updated 15 Oct 2008 , 2:03pm by amyfj1

grossoutqueen Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 7:12pm
post #1 of 4

I have my first wedding cake to do this month and after recently purchasing Sharon's Art of Buttercream DVD, I have decided that her recipe is the most BEAUTIFUL looking buttercream I have ever seen. Perfect!

I must use it for this wedding cake but since I have never used it before I have a few questions.

The customer wants to pick up the cake on Friday afternoon and transport it to the site for a Saturday afternoon wedding. How well does this recipe hold up against humidity? I live in VA so humidity is alwasy high here.

Also, I noticed on her video she says she doesn't refrigerate her cakes... If I frost the cake Thursday and put the final touches on it Friday, should I keep the cake out or refrigerate it? Will it make a difference in this icing?

Thanks in advance for any help guys!

3 replies
SouthernSugar Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 2:42am
post #2 of 4

Her buttercream holds up beautifully in Alabama humidity (she is from Louisiana and her humidity is worse than mine). You shouldnt have any problems keeping the cake out that long (or longer). It holds up very well.

mommakristin Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 3:04am
post #3 of 4

Hi!
I have used her buttercream quite a few times and have not had any issues. I have never refrigerated them either. I think you would probably have issues with the condensation from the fridge reaking havoc on your cake if you do. Colors changing and water spots while it dries out.

I'm in Texas and the buttercream holds up pretty good!

Happy caking!
Kristin

amyfj1 Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 2:03pm
post #4 of 4

I love Sugarshacks bc icing! It is the easiest and creamiest icing ever! It hold us beautifully, smooths evenly, crusts very quickly. What can I say? It is the best icing you will ever make and everyone will love it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%