Almost Half A Day?!?!?

Decorating By SweetPea0613 Updated 6 Oct 2008 , 8:29pm by kandu001

SweetPea0613 Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 7:00pm
post #1 of 10

So my final wilton class is today for course 3 and I was lucky enough to have the day off yesterday.

I had to bake a two layer 10inch and a two layer 6inch for class, make a double batch of BC and one batch of fondant.

Why the heck did it take me all frickin day!?!?! icon_confused.gif

I started baking around 1pm and I FINALLY finished everything around midnight....WTF?!?! Good thing I didn't make my own filling icon_lol.gif

Keep in mind that I took some bathroom breaks and tv breaks and even a walmart break... icon_lol.gif

But man am I tired......I feel like a crazy cake lady!!! birthday.gif

I give props to everyone that does this on a daily basis!

so I even had left over batter and BC and I finally got to make my Wilton giant cupcake AND decorate it! I'll post pictures of my creations after class...

i just felt like sharing my experience.. Thanks for "listening" icon_biggrin.gif

9 replies
Deb_ Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 8:47pm
post #2 of 10

I've had days like that....usually when I'm PMS'ing icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Sometimes my baking/decorating goes sooooo smooth that I think what did I do differently? Other days it takes HOURS to bake 3 things icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif

I noticed you're from El Paso. One of my brothers (deceased now unfortunately) lived in El Paso, in fact he was a Prof. at UTEP. I spent the summer with he and his wife when I was 16, and I LOVED that area of the country. I think my parents were worried that I wouldn't want to return to Massachusetts.

I often think of all the great friends that I made and I would love to go back someday and bring my husband. One place I want to bring him to is White Sands...........that place is unbelievable icon_eek.gif

Love people from Texas, they're the best!
Deb

SweetPea0613 Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 12:42am
post #3 of 10

Yeah Texans are the best! I love it here! I don't think I'll ever leave El Paso. And White Sands is awesome too. Sorry to here about your bro. I went to UTEP for a while then I took a two year break. icon_redface.gif

I'll start again this jan.

It's nice to hear from people that know my big ole town! icon_biggrin.gif

moralesml Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 1:06am
post #4 of 10

I don't have much to say about your post, except that I've been there, too! Mostly, I wanted to touch base with someone from the "Sun City". I was born and raised there, (weht to Eastwood High) but now live near Houston.

Anyway, it's good to hear about anyone from "back home".

SweetPea0613 Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 1:31am
post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by moralesml

I don't have much to say about your post, except that I've been there, too! Mostly, I wanted to touch base with someone from the "Sun City". I was born and raised there, (weht to Eastwood High) but now live near Houston.

Anyway, it's good to hear about anyone from "back home".

I graduated from Eastwood in 2003!! icon_biggrin.gif

livvah Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 4:34am
post #6 of 10

i'm a sometimes cake lady (i usually have 8-10 cakes in the summer and then a few thru out the rest of the year) and it never fails to impress me how much time i spend in the kitchen baking/prep day. it's crazy! icon_smile.gif i saw your cake in another thread -- it turned out really well! your roses turned out lovely!

kandu001 Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 2:56am
post #7 of 10

I know the feeling! It sounds like my whole week this week! Sometimes that clock really jumps when you least expect it to. How many pans were you using? If it was one of each, that may be what took all day....baking and re-baking. Anyway, I hope you get rest now! princess.gif

SweetPea0613 Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 3:08am
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kandu001

I know the feeling! It sounds like my whole week this week! Sometimes that clock really jumps when you least expect it to. How many pans were you using? If it was one of each, that may be what took all day....baking and re-baking. Anyway, I hope you get rest now! princess.gif

Yeah I only have one ten inch and one six inch since i'm just starting. And I dont have a KitchenAid yet either icon_cry.gif

SweetPea0613 Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 3:10am
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kandu001

Yeah I only have one ten inch and one six inch since i'm just starting. And I dont have a KitchenAid yet either icon_cry.gif

kandu001 Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 8:29pm
post #10 of 10

I just got a pink Kitchen Aid and I would definitely recommend EVERYONE to have one! They are a time saver and then some! Best investment ever! princess.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%