1St Birthday.... Help!!

Decorating By lkoenig07 Updated 2 Oct 2008 , 3:35pm by abslu

lkoenig07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lkoenig07 Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 2:19pm
post #1 of 4

So I'm making my first 'requested' cake this weekend!! It's for a friend of mine who's son is turning 1. I'm super excited, however, she said she doesn't care what I do!! She said she doesn't have a theme, and it's up to me. Any ideas, please?! I want something simple, yet nice.

3 replies
renee2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
renee2007 Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 3:24pm
post #2 of 4

they're so many cute first boy birthday cakes out there that I bet if you do a search or look on the galleries you'll find a lot of cute ones. icon_smile.gif hth

mrsw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsw Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 3:31pm
post #3 of 4

It's almost harder to come up with something when there is not a theme. Do you have any idea what he likes/dislikes? Cars, tractors, Tellitubbies,Elmo, a certain color - wow this could go on forever! Good luck and post pictures

abslu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abslu Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 3:35pm
post #4 of 4

I have my neice's first birthday cake to do at the end of this month. My sister told me to do whatever I wanted. I'm using that opportunity to make my first stacked cake. I'm making an 8"square with a 6"round and a 4"round smash cake. I'm also using this opportunity to test myself at making a gumpaste figure!! I really like it when people say "do whatever!" If you search in the children's birthday cakes, you'll find inspiration!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%