Sideswipe Blades - Now Available For Ka 6Qt. - Free Shipping

Decorating By dessert1st Updated 28 Nov 2008 , 4:32pm by dessert1st

dessert1st Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 1:40pm
post #1 of 5

http://www.frutproductsstore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=KTH-1

This is the website. They are just releasing the blade for the KitchenAid 6qt (also fits the 5qt lift model, I believe.) I've been waiting all summer for this to be available. There is a promotional code (klwintro) for free shipping available for 7 days.

If you haven't seen this product - you must! Here's the video.

http://www.frutproducts.com/video.php

I can't wait to make Sugarshacks frosting with it !

4 replies
dessert1st Posted 19 Nov 2008 , 11:24pm
post #2 of 5

Hey, the free shipping is over now, but I thought I'd give a review on my Sideswipe beater.

I have had it a few weeks and have used it for Buttercream (including Sugarshack's), cake batter, and NFSC dough.... and I LOVE it! it really does eliminate the need for scraping! I was having trouble getting my KA setting adjusted to eliminate that space between the beater and the bowl, and this eliminates all that fuss.

There is only one thing that I can find as a negative. It's hard to get all your frosting, dough or batter off the beater because of the "fins". You can't just clean it off with your rubber scraper. More to lick later I guess. icon_smile.gif Hmmmm, that makes it a positive!

dessert1st Posted 19 Nov 2008 , 11:48pm
post #3 of 5

Hey, the free shipping is over now, but I thought I'd give a review on my Sideswipe beater.

I have had it a few weeks and have used it for Buttercream (including Sugarshack's), cake batter, and NFSC dough.... and I LOVE it! it really does eliminate the need for scraping! I was having trouble getting my KA setting adjusted to eliminate that space between the beater and the bowl, and this eliminates all that fuss.

There is only one thing that I can find as a negative. It's hard to get all your frosting, dough or batter off the beater because of the "fins". You can't just clean it off with your rubber scraper. More to lick later I guess. icon_smile.gif Hmmmm, that makes it a positive!

tiggy2 Posted 24 Nov 2008 , 9:44pm
post #4 of 5

I haven't used mine yet but could you clean off the batter with a small icing spatula? How do you adjust the KA setting?

dessert1st Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 4:32pm
post #5 of 5

The small spatula worked really well yesterday with the mashed potatoes, but buttercream icing "sticks" a little more to the beater so it didn't work as well for that. I still love it though. My friend just got me a small spatula that is called the Batter Finger. It looks like an extended pointer finger (but is flatter of course), so I'll try that next.... after all a real finger seems to do a pretty good job.(lol)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%