50Th Birthday For An Exterminator / Karaoke Host

Decorating By coriander71 Updated 7 Oct 2008 , 7:38pm by coriander71

coriander71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coriander71 Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 11:19am
post #1 of 7

My best friend's boyfriend is turning 50 in November so we're planning an over the hill party for him. He's got a very good sense of humor so I've been wrecking my brain for ideas. One would be to go with the traditional graveyard or other over the hill cakes.

But I was thinking about the other things he does and how I can incorporate them into the celebration. He's a KJ (karaoke jock/host) and does shows every Friday and Saturday night. By day he's an exterminator. He loves nostalgia (old cars, classic coke decorations, etc) and really wants a Harley.

A couple of the ideas I've been tossing around in my head have been a sheet cake with a microphone and a stack of CDs in the corner. They'd have cobwebs and candy roaches crawling all over them. Then I could put a saying like, "Old KJs never die, they just . . . " Haven't thought of what to end that with though.

Another idea is a superhero cake. Mild mannered exterminator by day, but by night, SUPER KJ, bringing the joy of drunkened music to people everywhere.

Do any of you have other ideas or know some way to improve on mine?

I'm trying not to be a last-minute planner this time!

6 replies
LisaR64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaR64 Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 11:32am
post #2 of 7

How about a giant roach with a microphone in his hands (legs?), singing karaoke?

starrchaser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
starrchaser Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 11:37am
post #3 of 7

If you have a good hand modeling fondant you could make a cockroach singing Karaoke and make the cake in an old dinner type theme. The saying "old JK's never die they just... " would apply well but I'm not sure how to end it either.
Hope some of that helps.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 10:16pm
post #4 of 7

.......old JK's never die they just...

Croock out music (OR songs)
(thought I knew how to spell it but it doesn't look right) icon_sad.gif

fidos_mom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fidos_mom Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 2:51am
post #5 of 7

When I saw this topic the first thing that came to mind was a cockroach on his back with a beer in one hand and a mic in the other at a diner themed bar. All of that on a stage in the corner of a sheet cake with the writing as musical notes saying "Don't be cruel.... to the birthday boy. Happy 50th!!"

fidos_mom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fidos_mom Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 2:51am
post #6 of 7

When I saw this topic the first thing that came to mind was a cockroach on his back with a beer in one hand and a mic in the other at a diner themed bar. All of that on a stage in the corner of a sheet cake with the writing as musical notes saying "Don't be cruel.... to the birthday boy. Happy 50th!!"

coriander71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coriander71 Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 7:38pm
post #7 of 7

I LOVE the cockroach idea. I'm thinking 3D -- the roach as a separate cake on top of a sheet cake. Any roach cake pans out there? *LOL*

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%