Now What?????

Lounge By sweettoothmom Updated 6 Oct 2008 , 6:50pm by margaretb

sweettoothmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettoothmom Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 9:03pm
post #1 of 8

Ok allow me to set the scene for you. I had a cake in the oven, a house full of bedding to be washed and placed back on the bed.

The phone had just rang, the baby fell off the little kiddie chair and the dog was barking because someone was at the door.

I let the machine get the phone. I put out the dog and answered the door after scooping up the baby. The mailman. Thanks but just leave it on the doorstep thank you! Back to the laundry.
I went to add detergeant to the washer and the phone again. I grab the phone in one hand have the baby in the other. I lean the phone against my shoulder with the baby who is now just fine but in need of a good lovin', in my attempt to add the detergeant I was thinking to myself dont forget the fabric softener and answering questions about a cake over the phone.
AND DUNT DUNT DAHHHHHHHH I dumped the detergeant into the fabric softener dispenser on my washer. I hung up the phone told the baby to go get her baby doll and almost sat down in the floor and cried.

I didnt know what else to do so I turned the dial to rinse and let it run. I am scared to even look what it looks like in there. Anybody else ever done this? icon_surprised.gificon_redface.gif

7 replies
Karema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karema Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 10:43pm
post #2 of 8

I will be fine. It will eventually wash it self out. Probably time to be cleaned anyway icon_redface.gif Its ok take a deep breath. Maybe run the rinse cycle again with no clothes. Good luck.

Pookie59 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pookie59 Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 2:15pm
post #3 of 8

I was worried that you ruined the cake....

Your washer will be fine.

Sounds like a day in the life of the average woman. Hectic, stressful, exhausting. Too many items on our "To Do" list and not enough time.

sweettoothmom Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 4:56pm
post #4 of 8

Oh thank god. I just went and looked. THe pillows I washed are just fine!
I did re start the rinse cycle. I was too embarrassed to tell my hubby what I had done. So he has no idea. I think I will keep it that way too icon_redface.gif

Thanks again ladies.

michood Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michood Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 6:32pm
post #5 of 8

If it makes you feel any better, a few months ago I was having one of those days for two weeks in a row. Finally one night DH asked why the clothes was all so soft and why it felt a little like there was still soap in everything he put on. I told him I didn't know and the next day when I was doing laundry, I actually looked at the bottle instead of just measuring and dumping... I had been washing everything with fabric softener instead of laundry detergent.

oops! icon_redface.gif

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 7:11pm
post #6 of 8

My fabric softener thingy is removable. Maybe yours is, too. I never knew until it came off during the spin cycle once, and it sounded like a plane crashed into the washer.

sweettoothmom Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 3:19am
post #7 of 8

Thanks Michelle! I will definately check into it. I have run several several loads of wash since all seems fine. Thank you all!!! I sincerely appreciate and value your support and input. thumbs_up.gif

margaretb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
margaretb Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 6:50pm
post #8 of 8

Reminds me of the time my brother (who was in university and living with our grandma at the time) called me up.

Brother: Can I use dishsoap in the dishwasher?

Me: You mean the liquid kind?

Brother: Yeah.

Me: No, it would make a lot of sud. You have to use dish detergent for the dishwasher.

Brother: Ooooohhh, that explains it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%