Need Inputs- Getting A New Airbrush Machine

Decorating By dolphincake Updated 6 Oct 2008 , 4:49am by kosmonot

dolphincake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dolphincake Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 8:37pm
post #1 of 7

I'm planing on getting an airbrush machine very soon and was wondering which one would you recommend and which ones to stay away from and why you like them and why not icon_smile.gif
Where did you get yours?
I'm a total newbie when it comes to airbrush.
I see some that have like a small container on the bottom and some don't?

thank you!

6 replies
Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 1:48am
post #2 of 7

My husband bought mine for my Birthday its a Airmaster Plus its from KopyKakes I love it and have a lot of fun with it.

Molly

khoudek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khoudek Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 9:06pm
post #3 of 7

my husband also bought me mine...and it is also a kopykakes. i've been very pleased with it!

kosmonot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kosmonot Posted 5 Oct 2008 , 6:20am
post #4 of 7

I've been using the DecoPac purple compressor and Badger bakery airbrush. Both have been flwless for all my decorating needs. I also have a Thayer & Chandler Bake-air airbrush that gives nice atomization of airbrush colors for cakes. It is extremely durable as mine has been used for about 10 years without changing a componenet and the thing is coated in bakery "residue". Maybe that's what's holding it together so well, LOL. In any case these items are all from DecoPac or Badger Air-Brush Co. I do like supporting companies that are still supplying American Made products as long as the quality is there, and in this case it is definitely so.

alanahodgson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanahodgson Posted 5 Oct 2008 , 4:43pm
post #5 of 7

I bought my airbrush from this website-great prices!!

www.bearair.com

I have and Aztek-which I like, but I broke by soaking it in water. I just purchased a Badger from Michaels-very cheap- but I actually like it for what it is. Do some investigating into different types of airbrushes (internal vs. external mix, gravity vs. siphon vs. side feed, single action vs. double action) and the advantages/disadvantages for each. I purchased my compressor from airbrush city and HATE it! It doesn't hold pressure. Perhaps its user error, but it bums me out.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 5 Oct 2008 , 10:54pm
post #6 of 7

DH bought mine for me as a gift. I have an Iwata compressor and a Paasche airbrush.

kosmonot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kosmonot Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 4:49am
post #7 of 7

yeah anything from airbrush city is hit or miss as they are all cheaply chinese made knock off products so not much precision in thier manufacturing. If you're a genearl purpose bakery doing smaller cakes, cupcakes, cookies get a constant flow, internal mix gravity feed gun like a Badger 100GB bakery gun or a Bake-air, Deco-Pac and Pfeil & Holing have these items. If you're doing a lot of production sheet cake type stuff you may want a bottom feed jar fed airbrush, but watch your pressure and make sure you're working with fondants and buttercreams. Deco-Pac has a 175 airbrush fro those applications. In either case their purple compressor with the little regulator is perfect. You can also get larger gravity aibrushes like the Badger 100LG or Thayer OMNI4000 if you're in between on the small cup gravity and the jars. hope all this helps. If not call 1-800-AIR-BRUSH and ask for Jan, she's knows a lot and can help you get connected with Deco-Pac.

Koz out!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%