Cookies For Display

Baking By GeminiRJ Updated 2 Oct 2008 , 2:11pm by GeminiRJ

GeminiRJ Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 5:40pm
post #1 of 8

I'm going to have a booth at a luncheon for my MIL'S organization where I get to sell my cookie cutter kit. I'm going to have a bunch of the Halloween 3D cookies on hand to show people what the finished product looks like. The cookies will be given away at the end of the event. My question: should I leave the cookies unpackaged so people can see them better, or have them packaged because I think whoever wins them would prefer it? I know it's a little detail that shouldn't be bugging me the way it is, but I can't seem to help myself.

7 replies
yankeegal Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 12:03am
post #2 of 8

How about doing both? Your cookies are so good that people will want to look at them, touch them, etc so leave a few out as samples....but then you could have others packaged that you could give away?

TracyLH Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 3:00am
post #3 of 8

I agree with yankeegal - do both. Just have a few as unbagged samples and the others cutely bagged to give away. Do you have a tag with your business info on it so you can attach it to the give-away bags? I am guessing that you do, but I thought I would throw it out there.

Are you including a cookie recipe with the cutters? That might increase the appeal for those who have no idea where to start. Just a thought.

Good luck and have fun!

GeminiRJ Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 11:39am
post #4 of 8

Thanks for the tips. I'm thinking that I will keep one of each type out for people to look at, and the others will be bagged. If it were me receiving them, I would just feel better if they were sealed!

Tracy, the kit has the recipe as well as complete instructions. When I did these, I wanted to make them as easy as possible for people to duplicate. I always like getting pictures on the packaging on how something is supposed to turn out. I personally need the visuals!

TracyLH Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 12:48pm
post #5 of 8

I figured you covered all angles, but I just thought I would chip in, just in case. What you are doing sounds great and I wish you the bet of luck!

GeminiRJ Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 1:00pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyLH

I figured you covered all angles, but I just thought I would chip in, just in case.

And I appreciate it! Not long after I posted this topic, I figured maybe I should have some wrapped, with the majority wrapped. It's so-o-o nice to have other decorators mention the same thought...it's reassuring! I tend to dither way too much.

TracyLH Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 1:58pm
post #7 of 8

Oh, I can make a quick opinion of something else that is not mine, but when it comes to making a decision between one or another idea of my own, I can take forever to work through the angst on it!

GeminiRJ Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 2:11pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyLH

Oh, I can make a quick opinion of something else that is not mine, but when it comes to making a decision between one or another idea of my own, I can take forever to work through the angst on it!

Ah, a kindred spirit!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%