Is This Gonna Be A Disaster?

Decorating By suzie1962 Updated 6 Oct 2008 , 3:20am by TJCanadian

suzie1962 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzie1962 Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 4:31pm
post #1 of 5

I started making a cake this morning and realized that my butter was not at room temperature. I am using a recipe from the Cake Bible and it doesn't have you creaming the butter and sugar first, just adding directly. So I got my butter out of the fridge, cut it up first and then proceeded with the rest of the recipe. When it came time to add the butter, I added it, without checking if it was soft enough first. When the batter was done, I could see small chunks of butter. Is this going to ruin the cake? Help???!!!

4 replies
Karema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karema Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 7:03pm
post #2 of 5

The butter will melt. It should be ok. Hope that helps.

Karema

moxey2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moxey2000 Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 7:28pm
post #3 of 5

I set my unwrapped butter sticks into the microwave and then zap them for 20 seconds at power level 1. Then I flip them over and do another 15 seconds at power level 1. Works like a charm. If I'm using 4 sticks I just stack them two and two and do 25 seconds the first time and 20 the second. Who has time to sit around waiting for butter to soften icon_lol.gif !!

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 10:04pm
post #4 of 5

I microwave too. If I haven't let my butter sit out I just pop it in the microwave, two sticks at a time, on the defrost setting for about 30 seconds or so.

TJCanadian Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TJCanadian Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 3:20am
post #5 of 5

I've baked cakes with chunks of butter in it and I have to say it bakes up just fine,...some kind of littl miracle happens in the oven icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%