Ot Baking Question- Dinner Rolls

Decorating By Lenette Updated 6 Oct 2008 , 8:46pm by sweettoothmom

Lenette Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 4:03pm
post #1 of 8

I am taking dinner rolls to a party an hour away from here on Saturday. Since I need to make quite a few should I bake them ahead, freeze and warm when I get there or just make the dough on Friday, refrigerate and bake them Saturday morning before I leave, then warm quickly when I get there?

Any tips on how best to do this?

Thanks!

icon_smile.gif

7 replies
PinkZiab Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 4:36pm
post #2 of 8

Bake saturday before you leave then warm them when you get there. They'll be SO much better fresh!

Lenette Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 5:00pm
post #3 of 8

Thank you for the reply. One more question please- the dough will be fine in the frig over night right?
Should I shape them and then put in the frig?

Sorry, that was two. icon_biggrin.gif

sambugjoebear Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 5:11pm
post #4 of 8

Shape and wrap in seran wrap then place in fridge. Then all you have to do Saturday morning is take them out and rise for about 1/2 hr to 1 hr then bake.

PinkZiab Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 5:50pm
post #5 of 8

wrap it well (but not TIGHT--leave a little room for expansion) in lightly oiled plastic wrap and it should be fine.

Narie Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 6:58pm
post #6 of 8

I make mine ahead partially baked, freeze -very well wrapped- defrost the morning of and brown at the destination. But that means you need acess to the oven- which can sometimes be a problem.

sweettoothmom Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 8:11pm
post #7 of 8

I make my dough the day before and then let is rise over night in the fridge wrapped in plastic wrap lightly sprayed with non stick spray on a cookie sheet or whatever sized shhet pan I am using. I bake them the day of the event and if your super sweet to the local pizza establishment they will even sell you one of those great stay warm bags or you can also get a couple of those hand warmers called Hotties and you can put them in with the rolls to keep them toasty for the trip. But watch out the condensation can build up. Makes them yucky.

I am a carb freak love my bread!!! Can I ask what recipe you use? I can share mine too if anyone is interested. icon_biggrin.gif

sweettoothmom Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 8:46pm
post #8 of 8

So how did they turn out? I love me some bread... smack smack slobber slobber icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%