How To Make The Fondant Or Gumpaste Topper?

Decorating By tp122579 Updated 1 Oct 2008 , 9:12pm by crisc23

tp122579 Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 3:59pm
post #1 of 10

Ineed to know how to make the number 5 the way sharonsugarshack has on her cakes and were do you get the template or were can you purchase the cutters.

9 replies
snowshoe1 Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 5:06pm
post #2 of 10

Can you post a link to which cake you are referring to and I'm sure someone can help you.

BJ Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 5:40pm
post #3 of 10

I checked the memberlist for sharonsugarshack and it came back with no member listed. I googled the name (hoping it was a website) and it came up with nothing. If you could help us a little more with where you found the topper your refering to - we'd be happy to help thumbs_up.gif

tp122579 Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 8:35pm
post #4 of 10

I'm sorry I forgot one of the letters out it's in the birthday section.

tp122579 Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 8:39pm
post #5 of 10

Go under members list and put in sugarshack on the first page you'll see the number 7 on one cake and a number 2 on another.

BJ Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 8:41pm
post #6 of 10

Wow - nice cakes on that website. As far as the numbers on the birthday cakes - I personally have never seen cutters like that. If I were going to try and make the numbers I'd look at the different fonts on my computer (Word application) and get one that looks like that style - print it on a piece of paper, cut it out and use it as a template to trace onto a piece of gumpaste - cut it out and let it dry rock hard and attache it to a lolipop stick so you can stick it right into the cake. That's what I'd do thumbs_up.gif

tp122579 Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 8:45pm
post #7 of 10

Thank you BJ two heads are always better than one. icon_biggrin.gif

BJ Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 8:48pm
post #8 of 10

your welcome. I went into "Word" and started poking around at the different styles and found a couple that come close (and I only got through the first 20 choices). I'm sure you'll find something. Good luck.

ThreeDGirlie Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 8:57pm
post #9 of 10

You can PM her and ask her. She is VERY generous and helpful, and she's usually around in the afternoons/evenings.

crisc23 Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 9:12pm
post #10 of 10

I make mine out of fondant with a little tylose powder added.

I print the number in the size and font I want (using Microsoft Word), cut it out with an Xacto knife.

I roll my fondant to a number 2 on the pasta machine and lay the paper template over it and cut it out with the xacto knife.

I let it dry for a couple of days and glue a lollipop stick to the back with RI.

Hope that helps!

Quote by @%username% on %date%